High Noon's Hidden Ally

This is a discussion on High Noon's Hidden Ally within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; High Noon Holsters The Hidden Ally is a zero cant tuckable where the belt clip is separated from the holster body (see the side view ...

Thread: High Noon's Hidden Ally

VIP Member

High Noon's Hidden Ally

High Noon Holsters

The Hidden Ally is a zero cant tuckable where the belt clip is separated from the holster body (see the side view pic) so the shirt can be tucked in.

Customer service was very good. I had a concern about how high the gun would sit out of the holster. I emailed a question the evening of the 15th and had an answer with a good picture attached the next morning. I ordered the next day.

Ordered 1/17, arrived via UPS today (1/26).

Initial impressions:
    -Finish is fine.
    -Stitching is OK.
    -Stiff entry, there are a couple of points on the holster that need to stretch out some for the gun to seat well, but that will happen quickly I would guess.
    -Hooks securely onto the belt with their reverse J hook.
    -Shirt tucks fine and it hides better than I thought it would. Now I just need a black belt.
    -Sits higher than my previous, generic holster I have used for years. Initially I thought this would not conceal as well or be as comfortable, but I knew this ahead of time and I was willing to give it a try and see what happens .
    -Function, I will report back later.
    -Pictures? of course.

I decided to show it with my old beater as a comparison of how it sits in the holster. I had to get a new one, the belt clip is no longer secure in the holster and I have worn a hole through the leather at the muzzle.

Without further ado, here are the pics:
    Attached Images
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've been very happy with my high noon holsters. Not too fancy, but they work. Delivery is fast and customer service has been first rate for me.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Great customer service.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I've been very happy with my high noon holsters. Not too fancy, but they work. Delivery is fast and customer service has been first rate for me.
    +1

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    We do get hung up on the best quality holsters. But what is a holster for? If it holds the gun securely, rides at the proper height, lays tight against the body, and is pretty comfortable, then that is a satisfactory holster.

It helps if the holster is available in a very few weeks, and is not too pricy. I don't have a High Noon holster, but bet I could find one that would work for me. I do notice that most are high ride, and I prefer a low ride.

Best,
    Jerry

High Noon holsters get high marks in my book.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    We do get hung up on the best quality holsters. But what is a holster for? If it holds the gun securely, rides at the proper height, lays tight against the body, and is pretty comfortable, then that is a satisfactory holster.

It helps if the holster is available in a very few weeks, and is not too pricy. I don't have a High Noon holster, but bet I could find one that would work for me. I do notice that most are high ride, and I prefer a low ride.

Best,
    Jerry

I couldn't agree more! We do get caught up on the BEST QUALITY holsters but holster makers like HighNoon also have their place in the market. And that's why I have both. Aside from my Sparks, Fatti & Alessi, sometimes I just want a holster that is simple, but works. For example, I needed a tuckable holster for my J-Frame 442. A holster that is simple (no exotic leather), affordable, with short turnaround times and great customer service. I went to HighNoon, got myself the "Split Decision", case close - Satisfied Customer!

Last edited by TwinCarry; January 27th, 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: replaced picture
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    I couldn't agree more! We do get caught up on the BEST QUALITY holsters but holster makers like HighNoon also have their place in the market. And that's why I have both. Aside from my Sparks, Fatti & Alessi, sometimes I just want a holster that is simple, but works. For example, I needed a tuckable holster for my J-Frame 442. A holster that is simple (no exotic leather), affordable, with short turnaround times and great customer service. I went to HighNoon, got myself the "Split Decision", case close - Satisfied Customer!

Hi TwinCarry,
    Your recommendation and post regarding your favorite J-Frame holster caused me to take a look at the Fist #12 Basic. I wanted to get a holster for a 640 for my son-in-law. The first gun he bought my daughter was a 640. She shot .38 Spl ammo for awhile, and then he loaded some .357 ammo. She thought the gun had exploded. Subsequently she ditched the 640 and went to a Ladysmith.
    SIL liked the 640 and said he was thinking of taking it away from her. Accordingly, I wanted to get him a holster for it as a Christmas present. He is a lefty.

After you expressed your thoughts on the Fist, I ordered the #12 as I did not have time to go to one of who we consider as the top rung makers. I was very favorably impressed by the holster. I like the way it is cut low in the front, and the wait time was not long, although I don't remember how long. I would be perfectly satisfied with it. Thanks for the write up, and it also was very reasonably priced at $59.95.

Regards,
    Jerry

I have a Hidden Ally for my M&P 9c, I love it.

Links