K&D Holster CochiseDefender Questions

This is a discussion on K&D Holster CochiseDefender Questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking at the Cochise Defender and the Eagle Defender for both a Sig p229 w/o rail and the Beretta96. Eventhough I know ...

Thread: K&D Holster CochiseDefender Questions

Post K&D Holster CochiseDefender Questions

I have been looking at the Cochise Defender and the Eagle Defender for both a Sig p229 w/o rail and the Beretta96. Eventhough I know that Kevin does not make a holster for the Beretta he said if he can find one, he will.

My question to you is that for the Sig and the Cochise Defender, I was thinking of getting it in black leather, with the KydexClips and the Anti-Sweat panel. Will the black leather "bleed" at all if it I start sweating?

And do you guys think it would be more practical for the Beretta96 to be in the EagleDefender (with thumb break and yet again Black)outside my hip or on the iwb rig. I read somewhere that a full size pistol is not a great idea for iwb because it will print more often.

So what do you guys think? Opinions are welcomed and of course this thread is useless without pics!

I also searched so I am not a complete newbie.

Thanks Greg

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome

Greg - I can't answer completely, and have no experience of black ''bleed'' as I am exclusively OWB - albeit a sweaty OWB in summer. Kevin himself can provide some info I expect as can probably one or two other folks with these rigs or similar. I do not have thumb breaks.

I will tho post again a pic or two of my Eagle defender with the 226ST - just to show how nice and tight this holds in for me. I am fairly broad and so cover garments hang well over this - printing never an issue for me. Also of course I make sure length is adequate too.

The old belt in these pics (very impromptu shots they were) - looks as tho it sags - it does but only to a point and it works well - I have a new one of same type and find it does good, for me. If I cinched it tighter that sl sag would all but go - but comfort counts!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I have 4 holsters from K & D and only one is black but its OWB. I do have another IWB that is black and it has never bled. Kevins holsters are great. I have another one on order from him. Call him with any questions and he tells it like it is. I'll post pictures of the Cochise Defender and the belt defender with thumb snap that I have. The Cochise IWB is very comfortable and is one of my favorite holsters.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have a black Laredo Defender OWB. I've never had a problem with the black bleeding.

Here's a review of it:

http://www.shooterslegacy.net/articl...odefender.html

There is a discussion of it here on the forum.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Links