Issue with Sparks VMII (pic)

This is a discussion on Issue with Sparks VMII (pic) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The gun hangs up on the stitching on the inside of the holster to the extent that if I don't jerk the gun out with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Sparks VMII (pic)

The gun hangs up on the stitching on the inside of the holster to the extent that if I don't jerk the gun out with force, it will pull the holster up with it when I draw. Any help? I've used the holster for about a month now with about 500 practice draws. Any ideas on how to remedy this situation? Thanks in advance.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Call Tony, he'll take care of you.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I am not a holstermaker, nor an expert on the subject, but it looks like the ejection port may have been "over boned" on the holster. Not sure if it would work, but you could put a few layers of masking tape over the rear part of the ejection port and leave it in the holster for a while to see if it loosens up that part of the boning.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Call Milt Sparks, describe the issue. I've no doubt they'll come up with a fix. Don't listen to anyone here who is guessing! If you "block" the holster with a bag, and that wasn't the correct answer, you've loosened it too much. Same for any other fix anyone proposes. Let the professionals who built it either guide you through a fix, or let them do it!!

A simple call will get it taken care of one way or the other. (Should have really called them first before posting a provocative post title such as "Issue with Sparks VM2). Give them the chance they deserve to make you a happy customer!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

The few dealings I have had with Tony Kanaley just CONSIDERING a holster and asking questions have been very top notch high class dealings. Definitely contact them and give them the opportunity to help you.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

+1 on calling the maker and letting them handle it.

DC Founder
    I, too, believe this something that you should take up directly with Tony. I have no doubt that Sparks will fix it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    (Should have really called them first before posting a provocative post title such as "Issue with Sparks VM2).
    provocative
    –adjective 1. tending or serving to provoke; inciting, stimulating, irritating, or vexing

I don't think there is anything "provocative" about my post at all. In fact, I was convinced that it was very likely that my "issue" might be completely normal. However, from the responses to my post I've figured out that it isn't. I'll definitely take your advice and call them up tomorrow.

Thanks
    Last edited by banana; January 29th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banana View Post
    –adjective 1. tending or serving to provoke; inciting, stimulating, irritating, or vexing

I don't think there is anything "provocative" about my post at all. In fact, I was convinced that it was very likely that my "issue" might be completely normal. However, from the responses to my post I've figured out that it isn't. I'll definitely take your advice and call them up tomorrow.

Thanks
    Banana, I agree with you. Thought this forum was for helping it's members with technical questions such as yours. MS WILL correct your holster problem.

VR/
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    Banana, I agree with you. Thought this forum was for helping it's members with technical questions such as yours. MS WILL correct your holster problem.

VR/

Thanks Sportsterguy. It's tough to read feelings and emotion by just reading words in somebody's post. Emails and posts can always be read two different ways. Let me clarify:

I chose milt sparks because this forum has led me to believe they are the best holster money can buy. After owning this holster for a couple months, I completely agree. It's comfortable, and a perfect fit for my firearm. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy the same exact thing.

We'll see what MS says tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix, because I couldn't stand to be without my VM2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Call Tony, he'll take care of you.
    Exactly!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banana View Post
    Thanks Sportsterguy. It's tough to read feelings and emotion by just reading words in somebody's post. Emails and posts can always be read two different ways. Let me clarify:

I chose milt sparks because this forum has led me to believe they are the best holster money can buy. After owning this holster for a couple months, I completely agree. It's comfortable, and a perfect fit for my firearm. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy the same exact thing.

We'll see what MS says tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix, because I couldn't stand to be without my VM2
    Well, it's possible I read something into your post title that you didn't intend (seems that's the case). Let me clarify why. There are several definitions of "issue". I obviously did not correctly read your intent:

From Dictionary.com, definition of Issue

5. a point in question or a matter that is in dispute, as between contending parties in an action at law.
    6. a point, matter, or dispute, the decision of which is of special or public importance: the political issues.
    In my defense, in the last week there were posts with a VERY similar title on two 1911 Forums. One of these got truly ugly, with the poster trying to drag Milt Sparks Holsters through the mud publicly, rather than simply allowing them to correct his "issue". (Poster ended up being banned on that one, and rightly so). Second one, the Moderators nipped in the bud. Same guy, similar post title again. Linked back to the thread on the other Forum (not cool). Basically, instead of simply getting his problem addressed (an easy thing to do), it seemed the guy was more interested in trolling.

Sorry I misread your intent. I do still feel though, that first action with any potential "issue" with a product should be to bring it to the manufacturers attention, and allow them to take corrective action, which most reputable companies will gladly do. To post the "issue" on a Forum without having done so IMHO is potentially placing an unearned (and seemingly unintended in your case) negative opinion of a maker or product in the public view.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I had the same problem on a earlier holster as well, just sent it back and they put new band on there to make it wider and cover the port.

I have no doubt that Tony, or any of the crew, will take care of you. They are a first class bunch in my dealings with them.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Having been a member of several forums, some much longer than this one, I have observed that it is indeed bad form to post stuff like this without first consulting the customer service of the involved company or maker, whether it is a firearm or accessory. One normally very pleasant owner and moderator of a small forum would get quite stern in such situations. It is not just whether it is provocative or not, but a matter of using bandwidth for a matter that needs customer service attention, anyway.
    Last edited by Rexster; January 30th, 2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links