IWB Holster Discomfort when sitting down

This is a discussion on IWB Holster Discomfort when sitting down within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So today was the first time that I carried my G-19 (just got it this month)!!!! I've been using a Holster from one of our ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster Discomfort when sitting down

IWB Holster Discomfort when sitting down

So today was the first time that I carried my G-19 (just got it this month)!!!! I've been using a Holster from one of our site sponsor's and it is it just uncomfortable to be seated with it. Darn thing is riding up into my ribs. Is this something I just need to get used to? I normally carry a j-frame... maybe that has made me a wuss. What do you think? Oh and the holster is positioned at 3---4:30.

2. Remove Ads

You probably need to be more specific as to exactly which holster you're using. Some, like the Crossbreed Supertuck, can be adjusted for height. Others cannot.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    You probably need to be more specific as to exactly which holster you're using. Some, like the Crossbreed Supertuck, can be adjusted for height. Others cannot.

-JT
    Oh I just didn't want to knock on any of the holster makers that support this site I didn't know if that was acceptable. But I guess it's ok. It is in fact a CrossBreed Supertuck and I do like the holster a lot but it is riding high.... glad you mentioned the height adjustment I should have noticed that! I will drop it down some... easy solution! Ha what a clever idea for a holster

Quote Originally Posted by SnubMan View Post
    Oh I just didn't want to knock on any of the holster makers that support this site I didn't know if that was acceptable. But I guess it's ok. It is in fact a CrossBreed Supertuck and I do like the holster a lot but it is riding high.... glad you mentioned the height adjustment I should have noticed that! I drop it down some... easy solution! Ha
    yeah, once you drop it down it should be better. But also make sure you give it several full days of wearing. It really does begin to form to your hip and such. Every now and then it may poke a little bit just above your hip, but between the break in and getting used to it, it should be good. I carry a M&P9c in a supertuck myself.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

BAC
    Wait until you pinch your butt between the muzzle and whatever you're sitting on.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SnubMan View Post
    Oh I just didn't want to knock on any of the holster makers that support this site I didn't know if that was acceptable. But I guess it's ok. It is in fact a CrossBreed Supertuck and I do like the holster a lot but it is riding high.... glad you mentioned the height adjustment I should have noticed that! I will drop it down some... easy solution! Ha what a clever idea for a holster
    What I noticed with these hybrid holsters is they flop. The part at the muzzle bends up when seated forcing the pistol up into your side and it can be very uncomfortable. That's why I either use a full leather rig that is overall stiffer at the muzzle (no flop) or a full kydex rig like Raven Concealment which is flat at the bottom and wider so it doesn't shift.

Much better than my MTAC was.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    What I noticed with these hybrid holsters is they flop. The part at the muzzle bends up when seated forcing the pistol up into your side and it can be very uncomfortable. That's why I either use a full leather rig that is overall stiffer at the muzzle (no flop) or a full kydex rig like Raven Concealment which is flat at the bottom and wider so it doesn't shift.

Much better than my MTAC was.
    My Supertuck doesn't flop at all. My EDC isn't really a compact or subcompact size, though, so that may be the difference.

-JT

My Supertuck doesn't flop at all. My EDC isn't really a compact or subcompact size, though, so that may be the difference.

-JT
    Well, still, any material at the base of the muzzle can hit the chair, car seat etc and push the whole thing up into you. I noticed it with crossbreed, tucker, and comp-tac.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

My Supertuck doesn't flop at all.
    I have no flop at all with mine either, and I have a compact. Leather is extremely stiff and sturdy.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Very true. I've been trying out an MTAC and noticed the same problem. It's going away.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I have no flop at all with mine either, and I have a compact. Leather is extremely stiff and sturdy.
    ok i'm a liar
    -Thomas Jefferson

ok i'm a liar
    wow, someone is a little up-tight. No-one called you a liar, just giving another viewpoint so the OP can make a good assessment. geez.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

wow, someone is a little up-tight. No-one called you a liar, just giving another viewpoint so the OP can make a good assessment. geez.
    No, you are completely ignoring what can happen. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen to me or isn't what he also is experiencing. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't until he replies again.

Just don't discount it by saying "mine never did it...it's perfect" or that type of thing.
    -Thomas Jefferson

No, you are completely ignoring what can happen. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it didn't happen to me or isn't what he also is experiencing. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't until he replies again.

Just don't discount it by saying "mine never did it...it's perfect" or that type of thing.
    You are having issues. I never said it didn't happen to you.

But no, it doesn't happen to me, and yes so far my supertuck is perfect.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

You are having issues. I never said it didn't happen to you.

But no, it doesn't happen to me, and yes so far my supertuck is perfect.
    Well, you're again ignoring the reply that was made. If you read what I wrote then the 2 replys about it NOT happening you will see how if it were the other way around it could look as if you were implying that it doesn't happen or can't.

But you know what it doesn't matter, until the OP comes back with more info we can't tell what happened.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links