Defensive Carry banner

My 250+ Holster Collection - Warning, this can be disturbing!

15K views 142 replies 78 participants last post by  TRICKORMATE 
#1 ·
Just like any other addiction, the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.

So, to all my fellow members.......I HAVE A PROBLEM!

Now, that I got that out of the way, I was also told that it would help to know that I'M NOT ALONE. You know, kinda like a group therapy thing.

How bout it guys, is there anyone else as bad as I am???

If not, who comes close? Just want to know how addicted I really am.

So without further due, here it is guys and gals, my 250+ holster collection :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: (photos taken 2 hours ago).

Different camera settings:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Just for the record - All holsters I've acquired through the years are bought either new or used from other members. I'll also take advantage of the "In Stock" items that a lot of holster makers offer. And lastly from ebay (my least favorite).

Except for 1, when I called Eric from HBE and got my one and only custom made holster in 3 weeks!

Thanks for listening, I feel a little better already!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well Twin, I guess your project from last year to reduce your collection to one or two holster tree's worth of the very best leather has been an utter failure, huh? :gah:

If anything it looks like the collection has grown since then.

As for dealing with your addiction, are you familiar with this old joke:

What's the difference between an alcoholic and a drunk? Drunks don't have to go to those damn meetings!

It doesn't do any good to admit you have a problem if you're not going to do anything about it, and I get the feeling you're not ready to go cold turkey just yet pal! :wink:

Keep up the good work!:hand36:

#46 ·
Yep, you remembered my holster trees from last year. At the time I had 2 trees and 2 full drawers. I WAS CONVINCED, that that was the end of my search. Man, I was wrong! I just could not stop. Since then, I've added roughly 50 more holsters!

So is my search for BEST OF THE BEST over?. Probably not, and here's why. I finally realize, my true goal was NOT finding the BOB- BEST OF BEST (my new acronym), but just a way to add to my collection. Yep, just like any collection ex. stamps, coins etc., it just keeps growing.

At the same time, there's no harm on researhing the BOB, to help others save time and money.

Photo from last year's collection:

#48 · (Edited)
It is a BEAUTIFUL THING!

Yes, I'm blessed with a very understanding wife. But then our new born twins (11/20/2007) is probably keeping her too busy. I'm sure someday soon, reality will hit (my wife) and then you'll probably witness the biggest CUSTOM HOLSTER SALE of all time (from private owner). :mad:

#6 ·
Well buddy all I can say is you do need help. Unless of course you can fill all those with pistols. Than all I can say is you the man.
Mike

#49 ·
Inventory list? Great idea. But my current goal is to come up with my pick of the BEST of the BEST list instead (still researching).

#8 ·
Hey Twin,

Have you ever thought about trying to make some money by "renting" your holsters to forum members who want to try a style or brand before they buy.

They pay shipping with and give you a refundable return deposit pluse say $5.00 bucks profit. You would make at least enough to fund your addiction.

#50 ·
:congrats: That's actually a GREAT IDEA. But then, it will require a lot of my time and will most likely take the "FUN" out of my hobby of collecting holsters.

Regardless, I may still keep that in mind :image035:

I appreciate the idea, Thanks!:smile:

#11 ·
Yeah, and if you're willing to part with a J frame pocket holster I could help you with the beginning phases of your treatment program :smoke23:

By the way, that's a pretty nice door hanger full of goodies too. What a collection!

#57 · (Edited)
What's up buddy!

Well, I'm sure your looking forward for the Alessi Bodyguard that will arrive at your door step soon.

Notice the Alessi Bodyguard in not on my bed? That's cuz it's ready to be shipped! :wave:

Shoot, now I'll only have 249 holsters :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

#14 ·
Awesome collection. You might want to look into HA ,lol, Holsters Anonymous, simple 12 step program.....1st step is to share with your sponsor, lol, I will sponsor ya, lol. Nice collection.

#15 ·
Suddenly I feel much better about myself. I only THOUGHT I had a problem, but you sir.....well, I'm speechless and that's saying something.

As someone else indicated, I'm sure that the members here would be more than happy to help you with your treatment - just post a detailed list and entertain offers.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

#58 ·
Ahhhh, the famous HKP7. That would probably be my "NEXT GUN", which also means my collection will increase to 270+. :image035:

#59 ·
Since you mentioned this, I currently have 15 pistols for my 250+ holsters. You see where the problem is? :aargh4:

#18 ·
Good god man! You have a REAL problem!! I just did some quick math and if you sell 200 of them at an average of $50 you have $10,000!!! Don't know how big your firearms,ammo and safe collection is? But if it needs any help at all the $10k could help a lot! Good luck sir.:twak:

#60 ·
Ok now finally this info may quite well be my first step to recovery! :danceban:

I NEVER before took the time to do the math. 200 x 50 = 10,000
:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

Ok, I change my mind, I will probably never do the math ever again. :frown:

#21 ·
You must not be married with children, lol!!!
Don't suppose you have a nice right handed high riding pancake for a J frame you may want to sell?

I want to see the gun collection for those holsters!! Don't tell me you only have three handguns, lol!!!

NCH

#23 ·
Problem? What problem?
I see no problem. :biggrin:

I don't have 250. Only somewhere between 30 and 40 as best as I can determine. But I do crave more. :wink:

Wish I'd saved all those bags they came in, that's a great idea!

#24 ·
I love leather holsters BUT, I don't even come remotely close to that.
I can't even think of what it would be like to come close to that. :biggrin2:

Actually though you obviously are keeping them in great shape and you have Sparks ~ Alessi ~ Tucker in there so the reality is that you have a nice investment nest egg in high quality leather goods.

The value will be sure to appreciate.

#64 · (Edited)
Thank you SIR!

Here are my top 5 favorites (that are in my collection):

1. Milt Sparks
2. Alessi
3. Del Fatti
4. Tucker
5. Bulman

(In no particular order) :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.