Most comfortable IWB rig for Ruger SP101?

This is a discussion on Most comfortable IWB rig for Ruger SP101? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For you fellow SP101 carriers here what do you feel is the most comfortable IWB holster for these guns? I have a 2 1/2in. model ...

Thread: Most comfortable IWB rig for Ruger SP101?

For you fellow SP101 carriers here what do you feel is the most comfortable IWB holster for these guns? I have a 2 1/2in. model and find a 2 IWB rigs I've tried already have an annoying habit of letting the gun ride up over the belt line or twist around.

This results in a lot of discomfort and pinching I'm using a proper gun belt also. By the way the IWB rigs I've tried have been a done hume "summer special" style and a clip in style. So given all I've said guys what do you feel in the most comfortable IWB holster for the Ruger SP101? thanks for any help.

I really like the Dual Carry Conceal from DM Bullard. It doesn't move around a bit and I've found it to be very comfortable. Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

I have a short writeup on the holster here. http://rdrancher-behindthebarn.blogspot.com/

rd
    "Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire." Homer Bannon - Hud 1963
    Behind the Barn

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck to carry my SP101. It's very comfortable even while driving and it stays right where I put it.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I use a Concealco holster for my SP101. AKJ Concealco LLC It is extremely comfortable and it holds the gun very close to your body. I highly recommend it.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by rdrancher View Post
    I really like the Dual Carry Conceal from DM Bullard. It doesn't move around a bit and I've found it to be very comfortable. Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

I have a short writeup on the holster here. Behind the Barn

rd
    +1
    Here's mine:

When I carried a small revolver IWB, I tried a bunch, but the most comfortable for me was a suede leather Bianchi clip-on. Was inexpensive and did what it was supposed to do. I've had it for almost 20 years, and probably have it for another 20. Definitely got my moneys worth (plus some).
    Last edited by Sarge55; February 14th, 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Problem is holster fit is highly individual. What works for one may be disliked by another. I carry a J Frame in a K&D Thunderbird or an Andrews McDaniell II. Both are very comfortable and I swap off routinely. I find I do not like metal clip holsters while others are fine with them. It's that personal preference thing again. This is the reason so many of us have such holster collections. All to often we buy something on anothers recommendation only to find something else worke better for us.

Good luck!!!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

AKJ Concealco and Bullard

I have an AKJ Concealco and it's great. For a tuckable IWB I have a D. M. Bullard and have been very happy with it. Either would be a fine choice for your SP101.

Sponsored Links