Matt and Gary two new holsters

This is a discussion on Matt and Gary two new holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Within the last 2 weeks I have received holsters from both Gary Brommeland, and Mat Del Fatti. Gary’s holster is a DEF CON for a ...

Thread: Matt and Gary two new holsters

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar

Thumbs up Matt and Gary two new holsters

Within the last 2 weeks I have received holsters from both Gary Brommeland, and Mat Del Fatti. Gary’s holster is a DEF CON for a Kahr P9 and I also got a mag pouch. Matt’s holster is an LP left hand for a Springfield Compact. I prefer OWB for concealment when possible, and normally wear a squared shirt with the tail outside. A close fitting holster and gun conceals well that way, and of course with a coat it is never a problem.

As I look at the two my thought is, “It can’t be done any better than these.”
    The workmanship on both is superb, and both are very comfortable. I wore the Def Con Sunday to church, and during the day I forgot I had it on as far as feeling it.

I am right handed, but my son-in-law is left handed, and I wanted the LP for him. I am going to give it to him for his birthday in May.

Both men are very personable and helpful, and intend to deliver the holster that you want, and also intend that you be satisfied. Along that line let me give you an example.

When I ordered the holster from Matt I asked for a left hand holster with a 20 degree cant. Somehow either I failed to make clear what I wanted, or Matt accidentally put a dash in the cant, and the holster arrived with a minus 20 degree cant. I called Matt and asked what to do now. Since he is working on orders from September 2004, I sure did hate to think I would have to wait another year.

He looked at the invoice and noticed that it did state a -20 degree cant. He does not know how the minus got there, and I felt badly thinking that maybe I had failed to make clear the cant. However, in his eyes there was no thinking about who was at fault and said it was his mistake, to send it back, and he would begin making a new one the next day after we talked. He got it back to me in less that two weeks, and added a free magazine pouch. Both are superb as I stated.

My point here is that Matt demonstrates honor and integrity in his business, and is determined that the customer will get what he wants. I feel sure that the top makers here have the same integrity.

Many things can be legal, but not morally or ethically correct. I often think that someone or something can TAKE all that I have including my life. But one thing no one can take is my moral integrity and honor. I must give them up if I lose them.
    I appreciate being associated or dealing with people of like mind, and Matt has shown himself to be such. Everyone makes mistakes, but all do not correct them to the best of their ability, and too many always blame someone else.

Thank you Matt for your integrity and for being determined that I would get what I wanted.

So here we have two absolutely outstanding, superb craftsmen and gentlemen.
    If one chooses one over the other after seeing their work it has to be a subjective matter of design or that “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.” Essential perfection cannot be improved upon.

Again thank you Gary and Matt for such fine holsters, and for being such fine gentlemen.

I cannot post pictures so don’t ask.

Have a good evening all.
    Jerry

2. Remove Ads

Good stuff glad ya got the holster ya wanted from Matt that is true service there.

Assistant Administrator
    Jerry - as ever, good to hear good things. It is not just quality goods these fine guys make - it is the service and within that the integrity they display.

I'll say it again - we are lucky indeed to have such fine professionals with us.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    Quote JerryM:
    Within the last 2 weeks I have received holsters from both Gary Brommeland, and Mat Del Fatti.
    =================
    Happy you have the new holsters. I know Garys site link address but not Mat Del Fatti. site link.

It would be very helpful to other readers if people would include the Web site links for the craftman they deal with.

I always enjoy looking at new sites and what items people are buying and using.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner
    Quote JerryM:
    Within the last 2 weeks I have received holsters from both Gary Brommeland, and Mat Del Fatti.
    =================
    Happy you have the new holsters. I know Garys site link address but not Mat Del Fatti. site link.

It would be very helpful to other readers if people would include the Web site links for the craftman they deal with.

I always enjoy looking at new sites and what items people are buying and using.
    I agree. Here are the sites.
    http://brommelandgunleather.com/index.htm

http://www.delfatti.com/

Best,
    Jerry

Thank you Jerry!

Ditto for me, Jerry! I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your Def-Con and mag pouch. Thank you again, not only for your business, but for your kind remarks as well!

Links