SmartCarry for J-frame & G26

This is a discussion on SmartCarry for J-frame & G26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use the same size SmartCarry holster for their J-frame and a Glock 26? I have a S&W 642 and am getting a Glock ...

Does anyone use the same size SmartCarry holster for their J-frame and a Glock 26? I have a S&W 642 and am getting a Glock 26 next month. I use a small-size SmartCarry for the 642 and it works great. I was wondering if the G26 would be more of a challenge to carry in there or if I might need a larger one. Thanks for any guidance.
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I use the same Smart Carry for both weapons. It works fine.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

If one doesn't fit just right, stick a safety pin in it to make it work. I can use the same smartcarry for all my handguns (ket-tec to Glock 19).

Thread Hijack

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I try to hi-jack his thread.

I got a SmartCarry a few weeks back for my Kel-Tec PF-9. My EDC is a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a IWB/OWB based on the season. When not in jeans, etc. I planned on using the PF-9 and the smartcarry.

Today i had sweats on and went to Wally world. I kept the PF-9 on for many hours and noticed the pointy metal thumb of death kept poking my muffin top while sitting on the couch. (sorry for the visual).

OK, so here is the question. Am I wearing this wrong, do I need to lose some waistline or do you have recommendations for another part time carry weapon?

PS - I am trying to trade my G17 for a G26. This should solve the problem of a pointy gun heal.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MeatPuppet; February 28th, 2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add picture

Yes, I carry either one (442 and G27) in my SC. The J frame feels better, though.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatPuppet View Post
    I hope the OP doesn't mind if I try to hi-jack his thread.

I got a SmartCarry a few weeks back for my Kel-Tec PF-9. My EDC is a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a IWB/OWB based on the season. When not in jeans, etc. I planned on using the PF-9 and the smartcarry.

Today i had sweats on and went to Wally world. I kept the PF-9 on for many hours and noticed the pointy metal thumb of death kept poking my muffin top while sitting on the couch. (sorry for the visual).

OK, so here is the question. Am I wearing this wrong, do I need to lose some waistline or do you have recommendations for another part time carry weapon?

PS - I am trying to trade my G17 for a G26. This should solve the problem of a pointy gun heal.
    If that translates to you have the gun right on top of your "junk".

Yes in my opinion you are wearing it wrong. I am right handed and when I wear the smart carry, the barrel of the gun is about 1" to the right of my "junk".

I drive a truck for a living, so I sit 95% of the day. that is the most comfortable I have found.

Sorry for the mis-unserstanding. The point of the Kel-Tec stabs me in the gut. I am LH and i wear the SC offset a little to the left. Not a problem with the junk, more like the trunk. I think the weapon is the problem because of the point.

The G26 and J-frame both use the SMALL pouch. It will work fine. I just bought one last month and admittedly haven't used it yet. When summer gets here I bet it will see a fair amount it use.

I got the MEDIUM pouch. It still fit the J-frame nicely but also had enough room for my G30.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatPuppet View Post
    Sorry for the mis-unserstanding. The point of the Kel-Tec stabs me in the gut. I am LH and i wear the SC offset a little to the left. Not a problem with the junk, more like the trunk. I think the weapon is the problem because of the point.

My bad, the most common complaint I see online is the "junk" problem.
    Are you wearing the holster too high? The Gun should be slightly under your belt line.
    I don't have any kel-tec's so I may be missing an important part of the equasion.

Links