Double Dose of Brommeland

This is a discussion on Double Dose of Brommeland within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This afternoon I opened a package with two MAX CON V's in it from Gary Brommeland, a 5" 1911 and a 4 1/4" 1911. In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Dose of Brommeland

Double Dose of Brommeland

This afternoon I opened a package with two MAX CON V's in it from Gary Brommeland, a 5" 1911 and a 4 1/4" 1911. In my whole life I can't recall seeing two finer examples of a Master Leatherworkers Craft. THANK YOU GARY !!!!!! I am wearing both of them now, getting the break-in process under way. I hope I don't have to answer the door. God help the poor soul that is met by a short, round, old man with two 1911's on.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    if you get a chance, post a picture or two for us.

Ben

The Max-Con V rocks!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

BCURRY1, I'd gladly post a picture except that camera's and I mix like oil and oxygen. I will tell you though, that I wore them both to bed last night. Couldn't sleep, so I took the pistols out. I still had difficulty sleeping so I finally had to take them off. Gosh, they are pretty!!!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Howdy Tegemu,

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with my work. Thank you for your kind words! (And for your business!)

Max-Con V

The Brommeland Leather is by far the best holster I have ever used. I have one Max-Con V and ordered another for my 5" 1911's last week. The holster is a piece of functional art.

Irighti
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength. Industry and determination can do anything that genius and advantage can do, and many things that they cannot" TR

I just placed my order for some Brommeland leather goodness a couple of evenings ago. It's going to be a holster for my glock 26, a belt, and single mag pouch.

Any color I want, as long as it's black!

I'm as excited as a ferrett on crack!
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Wink It's the little things

Lawrence Keeney you picked a great belt with the Brommland.

It's the little things like how it fits flat at the buckle without the bulge other belts seem to have.

And how well the belt bends to hold the buckle a real close fit and the belt loop is really fitted to the belt with no slop.

Also the way the hide is cut as to really fit a persons hips. This adds to the support of your holster.

You will quickly notice the little things that make his belts really stand alone.

I have a single stack mag carrier on order from Gary B...no hurry Gary, I'll just carry the extra mag in my pocket in the meantime (just kidding)...I'm positive it'll be worth the wait

I dont know how well some of you guys know Gary, but I'm proud to call him a friend now for about 3 yrs. The fact that the guy is still making quality gear is a testament to his personal resolve. His business was hammered pretty hard during the hurricanes in Fl the last 2 yrs, and then the move to TN has been tough, I know. Yet, when I speak with him, his big concern is you guys. He frets terribly when an order doesnt go out on time, as well he should. He is a business man, and a good person on top. He does not like to dissappoint customers with late orders. But I know how hard he is working. And I'll tell ya, each time I've ever recieved a holster or piece of gear from him, its like seeing his work for the first time. The thin profile of his gear still amazes me. I've still got the original belt I ordered from him and it still looks new. I havent baby'd it. Hell, 2 days after it arrived, I wore it to a training class with Randy Cain.

I guess I'm just sayin that you guys that may still have something coming from Gary WILL NOT be sorry you waited. Especially you guys who are needing to conceal a full sized service weapon. I've carried a 5" steel 1911 with his gear under an overlarge tshirt with no problem. Compact and subcompacts will disappear, and the strange looking wing on the MCV/VI 's will provide unbelievable comfort.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.

Dan

Dan,
    How much do I owe you for that ?

I just orderd my third holster from Gary. I have a Max con V for my 1911 GI and one for my G-27. Excellent holster's. I just orderd a Def-Con for my P-12.45. For the Para I also have a Watch Six, which is an excellent holster, but I like the Max Con V's better. They stay put and don't rock around as much as the Watch Six's.

I got the Watch Six when Gary was out of business during the move. I hope that he will forgive me

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    Quote Realleycat:
    I got the Watch Six when Gary was out of business during the move. I hope that he will forgive me
    =============
    Well Gary may forgive you but I won't . Why did you not just carry it Mexican style and waited?

Hey just kidding you some.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner
    Quote Realleycat:
    =============
    Well Gary may forgive you but I won't . Why did you not just carry it Mexican style and waited?

Hey just kidding you some.
    I did try to get in touch with Gary, but he was in that twilight zone. He was having troubles with everything in trying to get up and running with the new shop. I did leave him a message, but with his communication problems I don't think that he was geting my message's. He will always be my first choice for gun leather!!!

Talking

Dan,
    How much do I owe you for that ? - G. Brommeland

Nada,
    I just thought maybe I'd post something about the guy you are, beyond just an artisan in leather (pants)!

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links