What are your opinions on

This is a discussion on What are your opinions on within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I spoke with Gary this morning, he has been working on his backlog of orders and it sounds like some of the folks that were ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your opinions on

I spoke with Gary this morning, he has been working on his backlog of orders and it sounds like some of the folks that were waiting are victims of the economy and some of the folks are unable to pay. I also think (though I don't know for sure) Coal Creak is no longer selling as much of his gear leaving more time for client orders. His machine use to state that were not taking any new orders and directed folks to Coal Creak, that message is no longer on his machine.

What is it your looking for?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa Nick View Post
    I spoke with Gary this morning, he has been working on his backlog of orders and it sounds like some of the folks that were waiting are victims of the economy and some of the folks are unable to pay. I also think (though I don't know for sure) Coal Creak is no longer selling as much of his gear leaving more time for client orders. His machine use to state that were not taking any new orders and directed folks to Coal Creak, that message is no longer on his machine.

What is it your looking for?
    Thanks for the reply NN.
    I am not looking for anything at the present time. I have two of his Def-Cons and they are absolutely tops, plus I like the mag carrier better than any I have seen. I ordered the first one from him while he was still in FL. It was for a Kahr P9. He did have problems with the hurricanes and having to move from FL and setting up shop.

It took me slightly over 16 months to get the holster. I did not blame him for that, but he did say several times it would be shipped next week, and it wasn't.
    Subsequently there were many complaints about his not meeting delivery dates by a wide margin.

I did get another from Coal Creek before they took the latest jump in price.

So, in view of his former problems and reputation for promises not kept, I was wondering why you said he was not having the same problems now.

Gary is a superb craftsman, and it is a pleasure to talk to him. I truly hope he either has or will clean up his business practices. Did he say what his lead time is now? Thanks, again.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links