What are your opinions on

This is a discussion on What are your opinions on within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; quality and appearance of Brommeland holsters?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your opinions on

quality and appearance of Brommeland holsters?

quality: outstanding
    appearance: outstanding
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    waittime = not so good...

but the holsters are absolutely top notch!
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

First rate, in both regards.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I have two if his Def-Con holsters. They are the best in my inventory, and I have some by top makers.
    He may just be the best of the best, but I am not sure if you can get one directly from him. In the past he has made promises of delivery that were not even close to the actual time.

Coal Creek Armory sells his holsters. As much as I like them I consider Sparks a much better value considering, cost, lead time, and accuracy of stated delivery dates.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I have two if his Def-Con holsters. They are the best in my inventory, and I have some by top makers.
    He may just be the best of the best, but I am not sure if you can get one directly from him. In the past he has made promises of delivery that were not even close to the actual time.

Coal Creek Armory sells his holsters. As much as I like them I consider Sparks a much better value considering, cost, lead time, and accuracy of stated delivery dates.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Since you mentioned Sparks, how do the Brommeland holsters compare to Sparks in quality and function?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Love mine
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Coal Creek Armory

I just tried to call Coal Creek Armory and the phone number listed on their web site has been disconnected. Have they gone out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    Since you mentioned Sparks, how do the Brommeland holsters compare to Sparks in quality and function?
    I think Sparks holsters are essentially equal in quality and function. The Brommeland Def-Con is my favorite OWB partially because it has a body guard, and I prefer the overall design. However, if I were to buy an OWB holster now it would be Sparks for similar quality, less price, and reasonable delivery times over the Brommeland.

I have Sparks I-BAK and Axiom. Next to the Def-Con I like the Sparks I-Bak best of the OWB holsters I have seen or used. Neither the I-BAK nor the Axiom have a body/shirt guard. If you want snaps the Axiom is an excellent holster. It's a toss up.
    I prefer low ride holsters over high ride as it is easier to draw from under a shirt worn outside the pants, at least it is for me. I usually wear reasonably long tail shirts, and have had no issue of the OWB holster being exposed.

Best,
    Jerry

VIP Member
    Oh I dunno... outstanding maybe?

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I waited a year and a half for one before he started selling exclusively through Coal Creek. My opinion is that the quality is top notch but they price is now too much for what you get. You can get a holster that is as good as this or jus about for less money. Now if Coal Creek is stocking the one you want you might not have a wait but personally I'd have a hard time paying the current price for what you get. A sparks is probably a better value and I know a holster from HBE Specialty leatherworks is a MUCH better value. It's cheaper and a very reasonable wait and it's every bit of the same quality.

Just my opinion after spending a lot of money, waiting months, even over a year and owing one of each of these.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I carry my XD 45 in a Max-con V IWB holster that I got from Gary 2 years ago. While there was quite a wait, it was worth it. I consider the holster to be an outstanding product, in fit, function, and appearance. I am extremely pleased with mine, and if you choose to buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    I just tried to call Coal Creek Armory and the phone number listed on their web site has been disconnected. Have they gone out of business?
    Lord no, busiest gun shop in Knoxville, and only indoor range.
    You must have misdialed...

- OS

Gary's gear is outstanding on both counts, and I believe the delivery time issue is no longer a problem. I am not sure, but I think his attachment to Coal Creek is either over, or not exclusive. If I were interested in Brommeland gear i would shoot him a phone call. I believe some of the higher pricing was a Coal Creek issue, I think the pricing has gone down.

I have owned a bunch of great leather gear from almost every high end maker out there and I find the engineering of Gary's gear to be the best for its type. The Def Con is the most stable OWB I have ever tried and his MaxCon v is, without a doubt, the most comfortable and concealable IWB I have tried to date. The only gear I have had that I would say had a "prettier" look to it, was from Matt Del Fatti. But to be fair, all of the gear I have gotten from Brommeland was his "service grade" while the Presentation grade has more boning and a glossier finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Napa Nick View Post
    Gary's gear is outstanding on both counts, and I believe the delivery time issue is no longer a problem. I am not sure, but I think his attachment to Coal Creek is either over, or not exclusive. If I were interested in Brommeland gear i would shoot him a phone call. I believe some of the higher pricing was a Coal Creek issue, I think the pricing has gone down.

I have owned a bunch of great leather gear from almost every high end maker out there and I find the engineering of Gary's gear to be the best for its type. The Def Con is the most stable OWB I have ever tried and his MaxCon v is, without a doubt, the most comfortable and concealable IWB I have tried to date. The only gear I have had that I would say had a "prettier" look to it, was from Matt Del Fatti. But to be fair, all of the gear I have gotten from Brommeland was his "service grade" while the Presentation grade has more boning and a glossier finish.
    Hi Napa Nick,

Why do you think that Gary's delivery times are no longer a problem? Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links