Opinions: Kahr PM9 IWB and pocket holsters

This is a discussion on Opinions: Kahr PM9 IWB and pocket holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I still have not carried my new PM9 becuase I have nothing to carry it in. I could use some opinions because all of my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions: Kahr PM9 IWB and pocket holsters

Opinions: Kahr PM9 IWB and pocket holsters

I still have not carried my new PM9 becuase I have nothing to carry it in. I could use some opinions because all of my carry experience is with OWB.

After reading reviews, I was thinking of a Sideguard IWB (I've PM'ed and emailed Eric and am waiting to hear back - I guess the holster makers are busy with all of the recent gun purchases :-) I like the single clip offset designs with the clip on the tail since it seems that it would provide the slimest package with easy on/off. Any thoughts on whether or not this will be sufficiently stable or whether I should go for a two clip design?

For pocket carry I was thinking of a FIST pocket holster (I like the idea of the thumb push off). Any thought on Kydex over leather? It seems that leather would be most comfortable for a pocket holster but that the trade off is that it would be thicker than kydex

2. Remove Ads

Little Bear Custom Holsters IWB Dave made me one and its getting a lot of use. I like it and Dave was very good to work with.
    DeSantis Nemesis pocket carry.
    I think Dave has added horse hid since he made mine.

I carry mine often in the desantis nemesis pocket holster, also Iwb with the don hume kahr has on their site for like $25.

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    I've got a pretty good horsehide pocket holster from Galco, but there's one jacket that has pockets I can carry it in and pull the PM9 out of easily. And light as it is, and with extra magazines on the other side, it's still weighted down too much on one side. I've decided I don't like pocket holsters.

My favorites are the Galco UDC or USA IWB holsters. They're about the same, but one of them has a steel band in the top to keep it open for reholstering. I also like the "stinger" model belt holster. Pretty inconspicuous.

I also got an IWB "ambicover" from Shado.com, but it's too bulky and I seldom use it. Also, because it's usable on either side, both sides of the holster have screw holes in the top that dig into my skin.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

IMG_2801.jpg
    Little Bear

I carried my PM9 in a Wild Bill's pocket holster when I first got it and then went back to carrying my Taurus M85 Ti. I found that the Taurus was quicker out of the pocket than was the PM9 and seem to me to print less. Also it is amazing the difference that 4 ozs make. I currently carry the PM9 in a IWB that Jim Speidal (The Beltman) made for me.

Distinguished Member
    I carry my PM9 in a Nemesis most of the time. Works well in anything with pockets. I also have a MaxCon V that I wear with Dockers and dress pants.

You might want to check out this related thread as well.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988581

I also recommend Little Bear Holsters. Dave created a custom IWB and mag holder for me in elephant skin. Turned out really nice! He also spent time with me going over designs, materials, etc. Very positive experience, and I got a custom holster in two weeks. Give Dave a call.

Here's a picture of my Little Bear Holster:

Part of the design requirements were an offset clip to minimize thickness, tuckable, room to grab the grip completely and the ability to adjust the cant. The clip is replacable, if you prefer the standard clip (as shown on the mag holder) or a velcro clip (my intent as soon as I get an appropriate belt).

I rotated the clip on the mag holder so you can see that Dave even put the elephant on that! Very nice work.

When I carry my PM9 it's usually in pocket with this StellarRigs holster:

But this D.M. Bullard IWB holster is super comfy and concealable also:

Thanks guys, some great advice and options here for me to investigate. I went through 4 OWB holsters before finally settling on a Mitch Rosen. I have a feeling I need to experiment a bit with the IWB and pocket holsters too.

I just bought a Nemises on ebay so I have something to use for the time being and will talk to the folks at Little Bear later today based on the fact that a number of you like their work and alnitak's holster design is exactly what I was looking for

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Was just writing how a Nemesis is a must (lost post/browser restart) and saw your last post. Good call, bought mine on eBay too. I use it a lot (goes well with the bathrobe and in jacket pockets). I also have a Milt Sparks PCH I use a lot (jeans, slacks etc). Works great now that I've blocked it out to loosen it a bit.

Also planning to get a Fist pocket holster, and am thinking Kydex for thinness.

Still shopping for IWB myself, and speaking of thin, I'm considering a Milt Sparks Watch Six for IWB (their thinnest IWB holster). After talking to them last week, they suggested a Summer Special 2. And seeing Twin Carry's nice example with a Walther (?) or some other small gun, where he says it's one of his favorites (in his 250 holster thread), I am considering that too. I may get both.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Yesterday I ordered an IWB from Dave at Little Bear. After reading the thread in Glocktalk that Alnitak pointed me to, I decided to get a two clip version just to be sure it was stable enough (especially since I plan to try it with jeans or sweats without a belt).

Dave was great to work with. The rig he is making will have a set of both clips and straps as well as adjustable ride and will be made 'extra' thin with a reinforced opening. Price is $89 shipped and he told me I should have it in three weeks. I'll post pictures when I get it

Thanks for the advice guys

I just got a used Mika pocket holster from a member and wore it all day today in well fitting (not baggie) jeans front pocket. Did numerous trips in the car and walked around also. Completely forgettable in the pocket 99% of the time.

Also played around with draw methods when I got it and it is simple. Heck, I drew out of pocket with my wife standing there and she asked where that gun came from.

Can't ask for more than that.

I bought the Armalaser for my PM9 and picked up the OWB holster that Kahr sells on their website that is compatable with the laser sight, it also works great for back pocket carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links