Questions about carry

Questions about carry

This is a discussion on Questions about carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; wondering if anyone can suggest ways to carry the glock 27 with tight shirts and tuck in shirts comfortably where you can carry one in ...

Questions about carry

wondering if anyone can suggest ways to carry the glock 27 with tight shirts and tuck in shirts comfortably where you can carry one in the chamber also, I do have a keltec p3at to use also but boy I sure like the glock

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    wondering if anyone can suggest ways to carry the glock 27 with tight shirts and tuck in shirts comfortably where you can carry one in the chamber also, I do have a keltec p3at to use also but boy I sure like the glock
    The combination of "tight shirts" and tucked shirts makes it difficult to conceal. Somethink like the Smart Carry system might work. This is the link to their web site: Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters

i have loose shirts and one size bigger pant size. Tight shirts and pants are not good for cc. Think about changing your wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    i have loose shirts and one size bigger pant size. Tight shirts and pants are not good for cc. Think about changing your wardrobe.
    Or switch to open carry.

jfl
    Unless you go the "Smart Carry" route, and it is OK; I occasionally carry my G-26 (which is identical to the G-27 sizewise) in a Smart Carry.
    Not the most comfortable sitting, especially in a car, but feasible.
    Tight shirts won't work, except maybe with an SOB (small of back), but I have no experience with those.

Good luck in your quest and let us know what you find ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Comp-Tac MTAC works well for me. Carry the G27 in one every day tucked and dressed business casual. I have pant size 2" larger and blouse the shirts loosely so you don't see the clips or print. If I'm wearing a cover garment that day like a sport coat or jacket, I tuck the shirt behind the gun instead of over the gun.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

That is my combo G27 and P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post

I prefer the G27 when I can carry it but, that usually means some kind of cover garment any way; not to mention, tight shirts left my wardobe many years ago. So, when I cant wear a cover garment I pocket holster carry the P3AT.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Ankle holster. But we have a popular saying. Learn to dress around the gun.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I dont even know that you have to go IWB. Maybe the G27 is huge but alot of the mid size and larger guns are able to be carried OWB with the right holster and t shirt. Aint gonna be a tight Tee though...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    +1. Been packing a full size SA 1911 for years with a Dark colored Harley T-shirt and Levi's. Neve been made, even by my PD buddies.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I carry my G27 daily. Unless you go the ankle holster or SmartCarry way (which I do frequently), you will probably have to find a good tuckable holster with a good quality gun belt. Also, shirts that are somewhat lose around your waist; this will allow you to blouse the shirt over the grip. I've noticed that darker colored shirts "hide" any potential printing better than light colored ones.

My tuckable holster is a C-Tac with "C" clips combined with a 1 1/2 inch Beltman belt. I prefer to wear it at 2 or 2:30.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Links