Looking for a "custom" holster

This is a discussion on Looking for a "custom" holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for a holster for some time and can't seem to find anything that meets all the requirements that I would like. Does ...

I've been looking for a holster for some time and can't seem to find anything that meets all the requirements that I would like. Does anyone know of any? I would like to describe the features I want in a holster and see if knows an existing design. I don't want to spend anyone that 150 USD.
    1. Black Leather material
    2. Must be fitted for a Firestorm in .380 caliber
    3. I like to carry appendix style at 11 o'clock canted but also use up to 5'clock hip carry so the holster would need to be adjustable
    4. Cant is very important, I need adaptability from at least 0 to 30 degrees, more is better
    5. I wear dress cloths often so a tuckable holster is a must
    6. A body shield for the gun where the leather covers the back side of the gun and prevents skin gun contact
    7. I'm 6'1 and 140 pounds with a CRAZY metabolism, so that limits some holsters due to design and my body type.
    8. This is optional, weight is important to my so the lighter the holster the better
    Last edited by Datsun40146; February 4th, 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Title Problem
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Check out the comp-tac MTAC. It's not black leather, but it's IWB, so color is less important. It's tuckable and adjustable cant. It has a leather backing and the holster itself is kydex. Not exactly what you're looking for I guess, but worth a look.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Funny you should mention the MTAC. I have 5 brothers, one is a state trooper, the other three of us all have our CCW and chose very different guns and calibers. IE .380 Bersa, 9mm Tarus and .40 Glock. Anyway I told you that because Nick (the Glock owner) has the MTAC and I have tried it. I found that it was great at hip carry but for appendix it was sub-par.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Added some personal information to the list
    -Hybridz.org

Does the holster have to be specific to your Firestorm .380?

If not, do you know if your pistol is compatible with other pistol holsters?

Here are my examples,
    -Sig P232 holster with my PPK, vise versa
    -Kahr K40 with 3" 1911, vise versa
    -HK p2000 with HK USP Compact, vv

If you find a more common pistol holster that is compatible with your Firestorm .380, than you'll have a better chance on finding a custom holster.
    Last edited by TwinCarry; February 5th, 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Hello,

Based on your Firestorm in .380 is nearly exactly the same as a normal Bersa Thunder 380.

I can help you out with my Tuck Clip or Snap. I could even make it work for adjustable if necessary. So take a look.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Hello,

Based on your Firestorm in .380 is nearly exactly the same as a normal Bersa Thunder 380.

I can help you out with my Tuck Clip or Snap. I could even make it work for adjustable if necessary. So take a look.
    I cannot say enough good things about Erik and his products. Great to work with and he'll hook you up with what you need, a functional, good looking holster.

I love mine. Wearing it now....
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

+1. MNBurl hooked me up also. Very pleased with my holster. It fits great.

Check out Little Bear Holsters. I got a custom holster in two weeks.

Dave created a custom IWB and mag holder for me in elephant skin. Turned out really nice! He also spent time with me going over designs, materials, etc. Very positive experience, and I got a custom holster in two weeks. Give Dave a call.

Here's a picture of my Little Bear Holster:

Part of the design requirements were an offset clip to minimize thickness, tuckable, room to grab the grip completely and the ability to adjust the cant. The clip is replacable, if you prefer the standard clip (as shown on the mag holder) or a velcro clip (my intent as soon as I get an appropriate belt).

I rotated the clip on the mag holder so you can see that Dave even put the elephant on that! Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    +1. MNBurl hooked me up also. Very pleased with my holster. It fits great.
    What did you get from Erik Swamp?

I got a Slide that Erik added the ability to put clips on for OWB/IWB.

It fits so nice as an OWB na dconceals so I havent even had to do the IWB thing with it.

The wife got a Snap and she likes it too....
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Many guns are comparable such as the Walther ppk/s, Makarov, and Sig232 are all good comparisons. So many different holsters should work. I know most ppk/s holsters work with the Bersa firestorm. Not so much with the Bersa Thunder b/c of the trigger guard.
    -Hybridz.org

Links