Need a Woman's Help/Opinion

This is a discussion on Need a Woman's Help/Opinion within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend that is waiting for her CCH permit to come in and she needs a IWB holster for a Springfield XDSC 9mm ...

Thread: Need a Woman's Help/Opinion

I have a friend that is waiting for her CCH permit to come in and she needs a IWB holster for a Springfield XDSC 9mm thats comfortable. She has a Com-Tac "C-Tac" IWB and she can't find a way to carry it comfortably. She also has the OWB holster that came with the XD and an Uncle Mikes nylon holster (clip on...a pos in my book). She normally wears cargo pants or jeans with sweatshirts/t-shirts. She's 5' 4" and 230 lbs. Any suggestions?
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

My GF went with a Comp-tac pro undercover (Now another model name on the Comp-tac site) and carries on the small of her back. I have learned from her that more so on a female it's about placement, and comfort for her. Try that.. She carries a Bersa 380 if that helps also..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Quote Originally Posted by ncffp163 View Post
    I have a friend that is waiting for her CCH permit to come in and she needs a IWB holster for a Springfield XDSC 9mm thats comfortable. She has a Com-Tac "C-Tac" IWB and she can't find a way to carry it comfortably. She also has the OWB holster that came with the XD and an Uncle Mikes nylon holster (clip on...a pos in my book). She normally wears cargo pants or jeans with sweatshirts/t-shirts. She's 5' 4" and 230 lbs. Any suggestions?
    Id stay with something OWB. Just my opinion. Im not a woman but I am married to one.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Lady here, 5'4" 130 pounds and wear jeans and sweatshirts most of the time.
    I carry a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II in a Desantis Speed Scabbard on my strong side,roughly 3:00 position and it hides completely under a sweatshirt, indoors. Add a jacket in our cold Michigan weather and nobody knows it's there.
    In the house I've been doing a lot of reaching and bending in front of a mirror and still no or very little show. Reaching as far over my head as I can showed the bottom 3/4 inch of the holster. Not enough to tell if it was the holster or a cell phone.
    For women who wear jeans I find the IWB uncomfortable and harder to conceal.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Just tell her good luck and to keep trying, I have yet to find something comfortable for me, I have a bare assets from Highnoon and find it ok. I have not found something that easily conceals for me.

Let us know what she decides its helpful!

~Krockett

Rugergirl with a Kimber!!

??????

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    Rugergirl with a Kimber!!
    I was wondering that myself. I would guess she started with the ruger and was enlighted and got the 1911 (Kimber), my kind of girl.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Search out Holster Talk on youtube to see Limatunes(member at this site) showing off different holsters and how she carries. I think OWB is best for a woman because it seems that most jeans and clothing is tight around the waist and buying larger sizes doesn't look quite right. I know a woman who buys men's pants just to carry IWB. Doesn't look bad at all if you size it right.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Tucker Gunleather IWB coverup.

Tucker Gunleather
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz View Post
    I was wondering that myself. I would guess she started with the ruger and was enlighted and got the 1911 (Kimber), my kind of girl.
    Started with a GP100 for hubby as a Christmas gift, three weeks later bought myself a MK III(previous MK II owner) but we needed carry guns. Rented the Kimber Pro Carry II fell in love and bought a pair of Pro Crimson Carry II's.
    Maybe I should change my name to Gungirl, I'm a month ahead of the gun-a-month club
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Sponsored Links