Yes, they exist! Speed strips for .44 Spl/Mag

This is a discussion on Yes, they exist! Speed strips for .44 Spl/Mag within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And they also work for .45 and they say even .410 Shotshell! They actually call them "Quick Strips" (I suspect there are trademark issues with ...

Thread: Yes, they exist! Speed strips for .44 Spl/Mag

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Yes, they exist! Speed strips for .44 Spl/Mag

And they also work for .45 and they say even .410 Shotshell! They actually call them "Quick Strips" (I suspect there are trademark issues with "Speed Strips").

The Quick Strips I ordered from Tuff Products showed up yesterday. I like these a lot, I need to practice loading with them a bunch, but way easier to carry than another speed loader (I'll probably go with one speed loader and the two strips).

We've had a couple threads on these here recently (I started one). Seemed no one could find such an animal, and many of us were searching for them. I suspect these are a new product, as HeadHunter mentioned seeing them at the Shot Show this year in this thread (Thanks!). Shown here with my Charter Arms .44Spl. Bulldog Pug, an HKS Speedloader and a Mika Pocket Holster.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

I have a pair in my pocket, as I type this.

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz View Post
    I have a pair in my pocket, as I type this.

Finally!
    I ain't touching that
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Okay, I don't own a revolver... I know speed strips are the things that hold them flat... What's that other speed loading device there that holds them in the shape of the cylinder and why would you use one of these devices over the other...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Okay, I don't own a revolver... I know speed strips are the things that hold them flat... What's that other speed loading device there that holds them in the shape of the cylinder and why would you use one of these devices over the other...
    The circular one is usually called a Speed Loader. Speed Strips usually are less bulky to conceal, but usually not as fast IF you line all of the cartridges of a speed loader up properly with a cylinder. Speed loaders can rattle, whereas speed strips are usually quieter. As with most things, it often boils down to personal preference. I've always used speed loaders with my revolvers, because I am used to them, but there is nothing wrong with speed strips either....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

I'm glad to see these exist. I am sure they will come in handy for my soon to be picked up Bulldog. I need some more .38/.357 speed strips as well. Since the same company makes "quick strips" for the .38/.357 and the .44/.45, I suspect I'll just order both from them instead of getting "real" speed strips for the .38/.357 from Bianchi.

I assume when they say .44/.45, they are talking about .45 Colt. T-bone, have you tried .45ACP in the strips. I understand that Charter Arms is bringing out a set of revolvers chambered for 9x19, .40S&W, and .45ACP, none of which use moon clips. While I like the idea of a .45ACP revolver the size of a Bulldog, carrying spare ammo could be interesting given the lack of rimless speed loaders and the moon clipless design. If the quick strips work for .45ACP cartridges that would solve the problem.

In regard to the speed strip vs. speed loader question, I don't think there is any question that on a larger revolver (K-frame, L-frame, N-frame, GP-100, etc.) that a speed loader is a much faster reload, especially if one uses the Safariland Comp designs which are all superior to the HKS. However, given the tight grip and frame clearance on J-frame sized guns, I'm not sure a speed loader is actually a faster reload than speed strips, especially if one is using a HKS speedloader. With the right grips and a Safariland Comp I I'd bet the speedloader is faster. It is, however, a lot bulkier to carry than a speed strip.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Yes, they do also work with .45 ACP. I tried it right after I opened the package. Turned them upside down and shook (lightly) and it held them. Of course I didn't pocket them, but I'm pretty sure it'll hold.

Also good for the .410 they say (only thing I've got in that caliber is the American Derringer M1 in .45 Colt/.410).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I got mine yesterday too, though I haven't had a chance to load them up and try them.

Thanks T Bone for taking the lead on this one and getting Tuff to drop their minimun order amount and to reduce the shipping cost.

What's next? Care to tackle long holster delivery times, anti-gun politicians or global warming?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Thanks for the info! Myself and couple of guys at the shop ordered some up yesterday. No more loose rounds in the pocket for the M296.
    Second Best is not an option

Outstanding!!
    I often pack a 3" N-frame at the house (thanks, Tony, for the holster you made for it years ago). But, never could figure out how to carry spare ammo and I wasn't looking for fast reloads. At my house the ninja possum in with the dogs really won't need lighting reloading speed. At least I hope not....

Quote Originally Posted by N-frame Smith View Post
    I got mine yesterday too, though I haven't had a chance to load them up and try them.

Thanks T Bone for taking the lead on this one and getting Tuff to drop their minimun order amount and to reduce the shipping cost.

What's next? Care to tackle long holster delivery times, anti-gun politicians or global warming?
    Lol! Thanks, but the props really go to HeadHunter for pointing these out in the first place! If he hadn't mentioned it in the other thread, no telling how long it'd be before we all found out about them.

Okay okay, I'll take on Global Warming. I hear Scientists are now starting to disagree, and in fact are thinking we're now headed (as the cycle of the Earth does every 10,000 years or so) for another ice age. Problem solved.
    Regards, T Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Lol! Thanks, but the props really go to HeadHunter for pointing these out in the first place! If he hadn't mentioned it in the other thread, no telling how long it'd be before we all found out about them.

Okay okay, I'll take on Global Warming. I hear Scientists are now starting to disagree, and in fact are thinking we're now headed (as the cycle of the Earth does every 10,000 years or so) for another ice age. Problem solved.
    Great, I hate the cold!

Back to the point of this post, I ordered myself some .44 and some .357 Quick Strips. Hopefully they will be here soon.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

I got mine last week. They are great. Considering the price, I ordered four pair and gave away three pair.
    I note they are made in 500 for you BIG Gun guys.

T Bone many thanks for the posting. I have been improvising a way to carry ammo for the Blackhawk.
    Ahh....the power of the internet.

Links