S&W 642 IWB and OWB carry

This is a discussion on S&W 642 IWB and OWB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for holster options for carrying a 642 IWB and/or OWB. The situation for me is that I do pocket carry, but sometimes ...

Thread: S&W 642 IWB and OWB carry

Question S&W 642 IWB and OWB carry

I am looking for holster options for carrying a 642 IWB and/or OWB. The situation for me is that I do pocket carry, but sometimes I would like to have a quick on and off belt holster to carry the 642. I have a Simply Rugged OWB holster for the 642 but it feels as big as my glock in a Crossbreed Supertuck or 1911 in a TT Gunleather holster. So I might as well carry the larger calibers.
    I have a preference for the snap on style OWB. Does anyone use one for a 642 that feels small like the gun?

Please forum experts give me some referrals of IWB/OWB 642 holsters that are fast and easy to put on and take off? I am hoping a 642 owner can relate to my "dilemna".

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I don't own a 642 but I do carry a Glock 22 in a Laredo Defender from K&D K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories It is a snap on OWB that holds very secure and keeps the gun tucked up close to your body. Give it a look and see what you think.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    If Kevin makes the Laredo Defender for a 642 I think you will be happy with it. I also have one for my G26, and it is my favorite holster for that particular gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member
    I have a Sparks VMll IWB and a KD Eagle Defender.

I have a UBG snap on OWB Regulator with a full shark front for sale. Search (Black Shark UBG Regulator For J Frame) for pictures. It's a beautiful holster.

VIP Member
    Don't deprive yourself of another inexpensive form of carry... pocket!

Robert Mika makes a great pocket holster.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Great input thanks!
    Redrick that Black Shark UBG Regulator For J Frame is one beautiful holster.
    Thumper.. I do pocket carry and alternate between Mika and RKBA.. I actually prefer the RKBA.
    The suggestions are very helpful and I research them all. Thanks!

I carry a 638 in a K&D Thunderbird either IWB or OWB. Great holster and very comfortable.

My pocket carry is in a PCS Black Bird.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dougja View Post
    Thumper.. I do pocket carry and alternate between Mika and RKBA.. I actually prefer the RKBA.
    You know... I may just have to try one of those. I've hear a lot of folks praising them!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I asked TT Gunleather , who's product I like very much, for their suggestion and they came back with the "Elite DDO model" from their line. The Laredo, Sparks, TT and UBG models listed in previous posts really are interesting options. We are so lucky to have so many craftsmen making fine quality holsters.

Links