which one?

This is a discussion on which one? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to get my cpl next week and I'm trying to decide on a holster. I had my mind all made up, a Comp ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which one?

which one?

I'm going to get my cpl next week and I'm trying to decide on a holster. I had my mind all made up, a Comp Tac MTAC. Then I saw the Raven concealment Phantom. For now have a Blackhawk Serpa, but would prefer IWB. I will be carrying a SA XD 45C. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Jarrad

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Congratulation on obtaining your CPL. I'm not sure you can escape the disease we all seem to succumb to, i.e. a drawer full of holsters. There always seems to be one more to try. Good luck.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

R.O. GunLeather makes an excellent holster for the XD. It's priced right and is very well made.

Also, the Crossbreed Super Tuck is probably the most comfortable holsters I've seen.

This is an excellent forum; however check out XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source! for all your XD specific questions.

Edit: I own both and speak from experience.
    Last edited by TheGreatDane; February 7th, 2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: More information

+1 for the Crossbreed Supertuck.

Comfortable, concealable, great service.

-JT

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Can't go wrong with the Crossbreed's. I use the Quickclip and love it!
    NRA Life Member

My MTAC is wonderful with my Glock 23, it's a great holster!
    Last edited by glockstock; February 7th, 2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

IWB...Check out the Galco 2nd Ammendment holster.

Tucks in the waistband AND you can tuck your shirt in too.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

I don't really care for the crossbreed, it looks to me to be almost identical to the CompTac Spartan . They both appear they would both need a tucked undershirt to be comfortable, seems like those fasteners would irritate the skin.

I think I'm leaning towards the raven concealment. It just looks like it would hold the holster a little closer to the body. My only concern is comfort of the kydex against the skin, I know I sound contradictory, but I think the raven still seems to be more comfortable. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Jarrad

the kydex will be extreamly hot in the summertime. The clips on the crossbreed , you dont feel them . Plus with the crossbreed they have the 2 week try out. if you dont like it , send it back. Helps to keep down the holster drawer.
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

I have the MTAC and it's slowly becoming one of my most common used holsters, for $80 you can't go wrong.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

is there anyway you can prevent the kydex being hot?

Quote Originally Posted by ellswj View Post
    is there anyway you can prevent the kydex being hot?
    Maybe wear an ice pack under it? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Crossbreed.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

It seems the raven is also much more versatile, it has many more options to mount, both IWB and OWB.

Quote Originally Posted by ellswj View Post
    I'm going to get my cpl next week and I'm trying to decide on a holster. I had my mind all made up, a Comp Tac MTAC. Then I saw the Raven concealment Phantom. For now have a Blackhawk Serpa, but would prefer IWB. I will be carrying a SA XD 45C. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Jarrad
    Ok, now I am actually going to answer the question after looking up the Raven Phantom. I would suggest the MTAC simply because I have used the Crossbreed with a leather backing and find that it adds comfort and conforms to your body. The Phantom does not appear to have that quality. I would suggest that you get a holster that is designed from the ground up to be IWB not one that is more 'versatile'. I have never used either of these products, just read good things about the MTAC and use a holster of similar design.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links