Holster Advice for One w/ Physical Limitations

Holster Advice for One w/ Physical Limitations

This is a discussion on Holster Advice for One w/ Physical Limitations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always been told "there is no dumb question." I have an injury that prevents me from getting my dominate arm past the rear ...

Thread: Holster Advice for One w/ Physical Limitations

I have always been told "there is no dumb question." I have an injury that prevents me from getting my dominate arm past the rear of my hip. What holding device would you men suggest from the hip forward? it would be for a Glock 23.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    You can buy an appendix carry type of holster that is usually an IWB that fits right in the appendix area or a crossdraw rig. What I really recommend is that you call whoever you want to make your holster and discuss it with them. Certain shops are "true custom" shops that can adapt what they have to your limitations.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I too have an injury to my nervous system which prevents me from moving my arm past the 3:00 O'clock position many times. Gross draw is good way for extended periods. I tried shoulder rigs but my problems are in the neck so just aggravated my problems. I finally found that I have couple OWB holsters that worked for me and couple IWB holsters that worked. It's a hit or miss until you find one that your happy with. What do shoes and holsters have in common you never have enough ! I am sure you will solve your problem. If it was me I 'd start with a custom holster maker first because once he gets it right he'll know what you need and want.

Holster

You want to look at a custom rig for a crossdraw or appendix carry, as mentioned above.
    Luckily, there are alot of great makers out there who do such.

Good luck!

Carry Options

Thanks to all that replied. I am gaining great information, This is the reason I joined DC.com

Look up posts made by me in the last 4-6 weeks -- I have had some great advice. I have a similar problem.

I just received a holster made by Eric Larson at HBE. Am working on getting pics up. I could be cross draw or appendix carry.

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    You can buy an appendix carry type of holster that is usually an IWB that fits right in the appendix area or a crossdraw rig. What I really recommend is that you call whoever you want to make your holster and discuss it with them. Certain shops are "true custom" shops that can adapt what they have to your limitations.
    That is the best advice you can get. There are many great holster makers who would work with you on a solution.

If you're looking for OWB check out the Mitch Rosen Nancy Special for IWB the Tito's Revenge or something like them.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I wear a G23 in the appendix or 1:00 position a few days a week. I use a Galco USA. It conceals well under a t shirt.

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Links