Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts.

This is a discussion on Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be carrying a xd40 subcompact. And I've read from other forums that it works fine for both comfort and concealment. Anyone have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts.

I'm going to be carrying a xd40 subcompact. And I've read from other forums that it works fine for both comfort and concealment. Anyone have anything to add to that?
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Remove Ads

I love my supertuck. Worked great straight out of the box.
    Attached Images

Excellent customer service as well, I broke a clip after wearing it a year. All they asked when I called them up was "what is your address"! It is my most comfortable holster. I still am not able to wear it with my 1911 t-shirt untucked only. The butt of the pistol sticks out too much and my wife complains.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

I was wrong with the type of weapon I have its not the sub compact. I do believe that its the service model. I've also been looking for pics throughout this forum but I can't seem to find any.

Can anyone help at all.?
    "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

eh, I've been needing to take some pictures for here anyway, so here are some I just took.

Now, when I tuck in a shirt, I normally wear a button down that works a little better, but this will give you an idea

This shows how it kinda molds really well
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I like that. I was experimenting on where it fits more nicely on me and I'm thinking about 5-5:30 position.

I'll be posting some pics whenever I get it in.

Thanks for the pics.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

DCT
    My experience is that the SuperTuck is pretty comfortable against the skin. I've had good luck with no undershirt and the leather hasn't chaffed me at all even with heavy activity. I just ordered the J clips for mine as I tend to worry that the clips look like a Neon sign .. I know it's mostly paranoia, but I do know a LEO that also volunteers his time locally and am pretty sure his eyes pegged the clips right away .... nothing was said .. just a subtle smile and a nod. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DCT View Post
    My experience is that the SuperTuck is pretty comfortable against the skin. I've had good luck with no undershirt and the leather hasn't chaffed me at all even with heavy activity. I just ordered the J clips for mine as I tend to worry that the clips look like a Neon sign .. I know it's mostly paranoia, but I do know a LEO that also volunteers his time locally and am pretty sure his eyes pegged the clips right away .... nothing was said .. just a subtle smile and a nod. :-)
    I'll tell you now to not expect to like the J-clips. That's my opinion of course, but I ordered them with my super tuck and haven't used them since they came in. I tried them, but all the weight goes to the pants as opposed to the belt.

I suggest perhaps making the clip the same color as the belt or getting a velcro lined belt and getting the v-clips (what I'm going to do eventually). Comp-tac also makes some c-clips that I think might work with the super tuck(not verified though) but they are like $17 and I don't know how well they work. Comp-Tac : Products
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I'm fairly new to this myself. I am taking seriously the input that says invest in a belt. Just ordered a 5.11 trainer belt 1 1/2". $35 direct from 5.11, $30 from Cabelas but they're backordered for weeks. Cheaper than beginning with the Beltman (no offense to him, I hear his stuff is top notch). I've been carrying open in the field long enough to know that a poor belt will make life miserable for you after a couple of hours or less. And if you order a belt that's the same color as your clips, obviously you take one more step towards attracting less attention. Will keep you posted when it arrives and I wear it for a few days but I think it's worth assuming your life will improve w/the added investment.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I'll tell you now to not expect to like the J-clips. That's my opinion of course, but I ordered them with my super tuck and haven't used them since they came in. I tried them, but all the weight goes to the pants as opposed to the belt.

I suggest perhaps making the clip the same color as the belt or getting a velcro lined belt and getting the v-clips (what I'm going to do eventually). Comp-tac also makes some c-clips that I think might work with the super tuck(not verified though) but they are like $17 and I don't know how well they work. Comp-Tac : Products
    HI BamaSteve, I am a bit concerned with the J-Clips being sort of heavy, but am hoping they will work with my PPS being fairly light ... but am assuming they won't be a great match for my Sig's. :-(

Have you already tried retrofitting a Supertuck with V-clips? I do have a Black belt which helps some, but for work .. Brown is mostly what I wear and I haven't seen Brown clips for a Supertuck, has anyone else seen these somewhere?

DCT
    Oops .. should have followed the link before replying ... my bad. I think I'm order some brown clips!

I have not used any v-clips. But I do believe that crossbreed sells their own v-clips, you can email them about them (they will probably be cheaper than comp-tac). With the standard clips, you can try coloring them brown to match the belt, that's what I'm going to try in a couple days.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links