Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts.

This is a discussion on Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all. I'm new to this forum and didn't get the chance to research this topic. Like the title says I just ordered the Supertuck ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts.

Post Just ordered Super tuck IWB and wanting to get some thoughts.

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and didn't get the chance to research this topic.

Like the title says I just ordered the Supertuck IWB holster for when I carry my xd40 subcompact. And I heard nothing but good things so far. I was wondering if any of you all have any thoughts on this type of holster.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I carry an M&P 9c and like my SuperTuck. I've not had any problems at all.

Dave

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    welcome to the forum! You made a wise choice in your holster.

It helped me get more comfortable by finding the sweet spot for it on my belt and bending the thick leather backing to match the shape of my hip. I also bent the leather backing away from my rib cage so it wouldn't rub. Worked wonders!

I received a supertuck for a Sig 232 last week and I think it is a nice holster. It is comfortable and it holds the gun securely. I am pleased with it.

It seems like on this forum people are split 50/50 when it comes to recommending the supertuck or the MTAC. My EDC is an XD40 in an MTAC. The supertuck will see more limited use. It is thinner than the MTAC and feels more "utilitarian" if that make sense to anyone. I think my personal preferences falls more towards the MTAC but I do see myself being very happy with the supertuck.

That makes sense to me. I didn't think it would be this hard to choose a holster. I also like the fact that they take the time to make it themselves. I think its worth it to wait the extra time.

I appreciate the feedback.

I also just ordered a SuperTuck IWB for my new XD subcompact. I haven't received it yet. For anyone reading this topic who has this setup...are you using a special belt (a gunbelt), or have you found a regular store-bought belt that'll work just as good?

What's the general belt recommendation? Because that will be our next thing to figure out.

I love my super tuck, which carries my M&P9c. I don't have a "gun belt" but I do have a pretty sturdy belt made by Columbia that is serving me just fine until I can but funds to a gun belt. Play with all the adjustments to see what suits you, and give it good wear time for a few days so it "molds" to your body. It really does get A LOT more comfortable after a few good days use.

I have the regular clips on mine and have tucked a couple times. No issues, but I think I'm going to get a brown sharpie and color the clips so they blend in better with my brown belt (I never wear black belt, I'm a brown leather guy). I'm planning on getting the V-clips when I get a gun belt (which will have velcro attached) for those times I know I'm going to tuck, just to provide more concealment.

I believe you will be another satisfied customer. Like I said though, if at first you are like, "oh crap what have I done." Wear it for a few days and your thoughts will calm down. Plus you have two weeks to return if you aren't satisfied!!
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    I also just ordered a SuperTuck IWB for my new XD subcompact. I haven't received it yet. For anyone reading this topic who has this setup...are you using a special belt (a gunbelt), or have you found a regular store-bought belt that'll work just as good?

What's the general belt recommendation? Because that will be our next thing to figure out.
    I touched on this in my prior post, but I'll address it here too. I have been wearing a sturdy belt made by Columbia that I got from Academy for a few weeks now. It is serving me just fine. I believe IWB is a little less importance on an excellent gun belt.

But let me follow this up by saying that I will be buying a gun belt with velcro attached when I can afford to spend the $60 or so. So basically, if you want to wait a little while before you make a gun belt dive, a pretty sturdy leather belt will suffice IMO.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I love my super tuck, which carries my M&P9c. I don't have a "gun belt" but I do have a pretty sturdy belt made by Columbia that is serving me just fine until I can but funds to a gun belt. Play with all the adjustments to see what suits you, and give it good wear time for a few days so it "molds" to your body. It really does get A LOT more comfortable after a few good days use.

I have the regular clips on mine and have tucked a couple times. No issues, but I think I'm going to get a brown sharpie and color the clips so they blend in better with my brown belt (I never wear black belt, I'm a brown leather guy). I'm planning on getting the V-clips when I get a gun belt (which will have velcro attached) for those times I know I'm going to tuck, just to provide more concealment.

I believe you will be another satisfied customer. Like I said though, if at first you are like, "oh crap what have I done." Wear it for a few days and your thoughts will calm down. Plus you have two weeks to return if you aren't satisfied!!

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to this sort of thing and when you say "tucked" I think that you mean that you tuck a shirt under the pistol. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches25 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm new to this sort of thing and when you say "tucked" I think that you mean that you tuck a shirt under the pistol. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm referring to tucking your shirt in so that the gun is hidden, which leaves the clips visible on the outside of your belt.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I see. I'll probably try that too. I'm also wondering what your thoughts are on just going with a shirt that isn't tucked in.

I heard that it can be uncomfortable at times. So I was probably going to wear an undershirt tucked in with a shirt over that.

This is how I have been wearing mine: undershirt tucked in, holster over that, then polo or button up untucked covering up.

When I tuck my shirt in(for say going out to eat or something), I wear an undershirt tucked in, holster over that, then outer shirt tucked over holster. This like I said leaves the clips exposed, but no one notices. Plus you can later get the V-clips for a belt with velcro that leaves the clips behind the belt. But until then I am going to color the black clips brown to match my belt to make them even less noticable.
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I understand......You been a big help I really appreciate it.

I always talk about how much I love my Supertalk on here, but a couple of things:

-When I got my Supertuck, the mouth of the holster at the triggerguard bothered my middle finger on my draw. I eventually shaved that down a bit, and no problems now. Can't do that with leather. I have pics posted here somewhere showing the difference.

-The clips squeaked like crazy for a bit, but they're perfectly quiet now. Actually, I got new clips, and they don't squeak, so it may have been a belt finish issue.

-You'll likely have to play a bit until you find the sweet spot. The one problem with a holster that is so adjustable is you gotta spend time finding the balance between comfort and concealment. But once you do, it's like buttah.

-JT

I'ver had my supertuck for about 2 weeks. I have worn it out a few times and have been very satisfied. I wore it all day yesterday, with about 3 1/2 hours of driving with it and have had no problems. I'll probably get the metal clips one day. I have not adjusted it any. Straight out of the box and onto the hip and it works great for me. I carry a PT145 in it. I think you'll be satisfied with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links