Glock 29 holster options

This is a discussion on Glock 29 holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the best holster for concealed carry for the G29 and where is the best place to buy it? Inside the pants is not ...

Thread: Glock 29 holster options

Glock 29 holster options

What is the best holster for concealed carry for the G29 and where is the best place to buy it? Inside the pants is not an option. Leather or polymer will be fine. Thanks for any help. I just joined this forum and I love it!!
    Glock 19,27,29 Beretta M9, Taurus 357mag snub, 44 mag, 5 AR-15s, 1 AR-10,

2. Remove Ads

I have a Fobus Paddle Holster for my G29. It is what I carry into the woods when I am hunting or camping. I don't carry it as a daily concealed carry weapon however as that is the job of my G23. However I have a Fobus Paddle holster for the G23 also that I wear as long as I will be wearing a coat or jacket over it. As long as you have a cover garment the Fobus paddle holster works fine and they are around 20 bucks. Any good gun shop should carry them and I have seen them at Gander Mountain also. Good Luck!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPHUDSON View Post
    What is the best holster for concealed carry for the G29 and where is the best place to buy it? Inside the pants is not an option. Leather or polymer will be fine. Thanks for any help. I just joined this forum and I love it!!
    I have uses Fobus paddle holsters for 10 years or so. They have been satisfactory, and I still wear them sometimes for CC.

I would not consider them the best, however.
    For kydex I like Comp-tac Comp-Tac : About Us

I have a couple of their paddle holsters, and I like them better than Fobus, but they are more expensive. You did not mention price so I assume the price of the Comp-tac would not be prohibitive.

Most find leather more comfortable, and it awakens the pride of ownership in many of us. There are some excellent holster makers, and I would search for threads relating to some recommendations.
    Milt Sparks, Alessi, Del Fatti, HBE, Nossar, and several others may be considered among the best.

Here a couple of threads on another forum discussing this.
    Brommeland VS Sparks VS Del Fatti w/Pictures!!! - 1911Forum
    Ranking some holster makers - 1911Forum

If you want the tightest against your body a pancake is the best in my view. Essentially all makers make such.
    Be aware that some if the best have a long waiting period of at least 4-5 months.
    I understand that Eric Larsen is an excellent maker and his waiting period is not so long as others.
    Ranking some holster makers - 1911Forum

You will need a good gun belt, and all the makers can make them. The beltman has a good reputation with about 30 days wait.
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

The best way is to read posts, and search in the holsters forum.

Best,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by DEPHUDSON View Post
    It depends on what you want. If you want one that rides really high and conceals well both Side Guard and Rusty Sherrick make a very high riding holster.
    Do you want one that can be removed from your belt quickly and often, some are made to just snap off.

Don't want to spend much money? The Hume JIT Belt Slide is a pretty good holster for the money.

Do a search here for "OWB holsters" and you will see lots of pictures, also as it was said, a good sturdy gun belt is a must. I like the Wilderness five stitch belts but there are lots of good leather ones also.

Good luck with your search!

Links