This mom is looking for some holster options.

This is a discussion on This mom is looking for some holster options. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great looking boy! If you can come up with a carrier for Moms, let me know as I am now looking in to option for ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This mom is looking for some holster options.

Great looking boy! If you can come up with a carrier for Moms, let me know as I am now looking in to option for when my Wife gets her CHL.

I'm going to echo the Maxpedition, only because I think a fanny pack would put too much around your waist when you may have to move the baby around and the Maxpedition is over the shoulder and seems like it would be easier to slide out of the way.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Remember that in two more months the child will be much more agile and will begin exploring the world with his hands----ie he'll be grabbing at any and everything. I'm thinking a holster in his carrier might not be such a hot idea, YMMV of course.

A man wearing a baby carrier is not the same as a woman wearing the same carrier. And men rarely need to nurse while wearing the baby (course you may not either, I'm just assuming since you're doing cloth diapers you're probably nursing), this adds a whole new dimension of difficulties concerning what to do with the gun, and the baby carrier, and the baby.

Some form of purse carry/diaperbag carry in combination with companions who carry will likely serve your new motherhood best, as the child grows and becomes more independant from you physically the IWB option may open back up to you.

Best of luck!

How about an LCP in a pocket holster sewn into a hat, like the sneaky BG's in the old west did with derringers? Now that's using your head!!

Lima,
    Check out this carrier!

BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Original is what we used for my daughter, and it is worth it. The way the straps reside, you can easily still carry with a strongside in or outside the waistband holster, all while being able to draw and keeping the little one close by. It also allows the child to either face you, or to face out which is a definite plus as the get older and want to explore more! Anyways, I'd take a look at it! Good luck.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    Good to see you back Lima. Can't be of much help to you. When my kids were little they didn't have all these neat carrying contraptions! OK, I'll admit it, I'm an old fart. Probably the easiest option is going to be a fanny pack.

How about a Molle type of holster attached to the rear of the baby carrier in the top picture? When wearing the sling type of carrier, you can carry on the opposite side or at 6 o'clock. With the way ladies jeans are designed pocket carry might be dicey as you would print pretty easily.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Welcome back Lima

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    What about a pocket sewn to the inside of this carrier, between you and the baby. Then add a velcro type holster, or nemesis, inside the pocket. If the pocket had a zipper on the right side it would add to security and retention, but be accessible to your strong hand.

How about a belly band, with the gun between you and the baby? Your shirt and the baby would conceal it pretty well.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Garrett Protective Fund

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    ...And as to all those who recommended the P3AT or LCP. I've thought of it but simply can't swing another gun right now (as much as I'd like to). So I have to stick with carry options for the guns I already have. We have some pretty small ones (like the Mustangs) so that's what I'm looking to accommodate. If I could get another gun right now it might broaden my options but unfortunately that's not an option. ...
    Lima, we have greatly profited from your posts (and JD's), and we all want to keep that little one safe. You need a P3AT/LCP or some custom holster/babybag work, thus:
    • I propose a Garrett Protective Fund
    • I am willing to start it off with a whopping five bucks, and
    • I challenge all of the rest of you big talkers to add your own fiver.

C'mon, everyone: let's contribute - heck, it's cheaper than had you bought something for the baby shower! You won't notice the loss of five bucks, and if even just the ones who have posted on this thread so far participate, that will take her a long way towards her goal. She can stop us when she has what she needs.

Lima, please post a PayPal account or let us know to IM you with an email address so you can send us a PayPal link. This ain't charity - it's us being good uncles to little Garrett.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

First, since I'm new enough here I missed the news....
    Congratulations!

As another poster mentioned looks like a good possibility might be SOB. Extra mags on the ankle? I'm right handed but use a left hand IWB holster for SOB so draw is palm out. You don't have to twist your shoulder so far, it's easier and no, I don't sweep my leg, foot or anything else while drawing like some would say.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Forgot to mention earlier. Carrying for a woman by a woman. Cornered Cat
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

VIP Member
    I thought about this a while and have a couple of ideas. Rather than trying to explain them I am going to post a couple of links.

Commerce Storefront B2C This first link is to the Desantis website section called GUNNY SACKS & GUN CADDIES. Take a look at the various carry options there. I think the items designed not to be as wide as a fanny pack might be better options.

http://www.falgal.com/ Go to the section called: Handbag Belt Packs Carry Bags. These are similar to the items on the Desantis site, but different enough to be worth a look.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Lima, we have greatly profited from your posts (and JD's), and we all want to keep that little one safe. You need a P3AT/LCP or some custom holster/babybag work, thus:
    • I propose a Garrett Protective Fund
    • I am willing to start it off with a whopping five bucks, and
    • I challenge all of the rest of you big talkers to add your own fiver.

C'mon, everyone: let's contribute - heck, it's cheaper than had you bought something for the baby shower! You won't notice the loss of five bucks, and if even just the ones who have posted on this thread so far participate, that will take her a long way towards her goal. She can stop us when she has what she needs.

Lima, please post a PayPal account or let us know to IM you with an email address so you can send us a PayPal link. This ain't charity - it's us being good uncles to little Garrett.

I'm in for $5.. I've greatly enjoyed Limas and JD's posts and effort they put in here. A birthday present for Garret from DC..... so what do you want lima?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

IPD: Inside Poopie Diaper
    Nobody will ever check!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Several different options are available to you.

Back pocket carry would work great and any printing can be handled easily with a light sweater. A Kel-tec P3xx would be a good gun.

Fanny pack would be a good option.

What Nate and others have said is integrate a holster into the baby carrier if possible.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links