This mom is looking for some holster options. - Page 4

This mom is looking for some holster options.

This is a discussion on This mom is looking for some holster options. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paymeister Lima, we have greatly profited from your posts (and JD's), and we all want to keep that little one safe. You ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This mom is looking for some holster options.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Lima, we have greatly profited from your posts (and JD's), and we all want to keep that little one safe. You need a P3AT/LCP or some custom holster/babybag work, thus:
    • I propose a Garrett Protective Fund
    • I am willing to start it off with a whopping five bucks, and
    • I challenge all of the rest of you big talkers to add your own fiver.

C'mon, everyone: let's contribute - heck, it's cheaper than had you bought something for the baby shower! You won't notice the loss of five bucks, and if even just the ones who have posted on this thread so far participate, that will take her a long way towards her goal. She can stop us when she has what she needs.

Lima, please post a PayPal account or let us know to IM you with an email address so you can send us a PayPal link. This ain't charity - it's us being good uncles to little Garrett.
    We appreciate the sentiment, but we're going to turn down the offer.

1: In about 12 days we're not going to be able to carry for a while during our settling process in IA ,even then the county we are moving to is anti-self defense and doesn't issue carry permits for self defense to the "average citizen" but that's topic for another thread.

2: We have 14 handguns and over 20 holsters, I'm sure she can find a suitable means of carry for our remaining 12 days in VA.

3: There are plenty of other people out there in more need than us, but if you really want to donate to a charity cause, do so to The March of Dimes, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, The Virginia Public Safety Foundation or any other charity to help those in real need.

If you REALLY want to help keep Lima and I keep the family safe, donate to IowaCarry.org, as they are the only entity fighting for pro shall issue and CCW reform in IA.

Again, we appreciate the sentiment, but we'll be OK.

Besides, if Lima really wanted a P3AT or LCP, I could raise enough funds with a "DC Moving Sale", seriously I've found so much stuff I don't use while packing that if I were to sell it all, we could buy another 1911.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Ah, well. Nice idea... and you know we care.

Wait... moving to Iowa? Whatever will Virginia do without you folks??!?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Ah, well. Nice idea... and you know we care.

Wait... moving to Iowa? Whatever will Virginia do without you folks??!?
    VA was fine before we got here, I'm sure it will be OK without us.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    In about 12 days we're not going to be able to carry for a while during our settling process in IA ,even then the county we are moving to is anti-self defense and doesn't issue carry permits for self defense to the "average citizen" but that's topic for another thread.
    It would actually be very interesting, at least to me, to watch the process you have to go through to go from VA and being able to carry to IA and having to "work" at carrying.

Good luck to Lima finding the perfect carry option, I look for updates on her YouTube channel. Good luck to all 3 of you in the move to IA.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    It would actually be very interesting, at least to me, to watch the process you have to go through to go from VA and being able to carry to IA and having to "work" at carrying.
    Well, you'll just have to stay tuned for that saga, I'll probably post it to the blog, I all ready have some email correspondence with the Chief that would make any of us here

Any way,

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    If you don't mind telling us, your moving to Iowa, why?
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    If you don't mind telling us, your moving to Iowa, why?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...bout-iowa.html

Lima,

If you are still looking for a method to carry, how about something like this:

Latico Basics Sling L0643 - Natural Leather - Free Shipping & Return Shipping

It is similar to the Buxton sling that is all over the TV. Over your right shoulder it would give you plenty of room for the papoose on the left or center.

bosco

Lima,

Glad to see you back. If my suggestion has already been posted, please ignore it, as I'm not going to read through six pages of post before going to work to give my answer. Also, congrats again to you and JD on the little guy.

What about a zippered, padded gun pack stitched directly to the backside of the baby carrier?

You would have to work a zipper, but it would be well hidden. You could place it in your stomach area, and it would be concealed by Garrett. The padding may even be comfortable for him.

Just a thought.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Virginia is an OC state. If you don't mind looking like Sarah Connor, a thigh rig would position the pistol well below the carrier straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Virginia is an OC state. If you don't mind looking like Sarah Connor, a thigh rig would position the pistol well below the carrier straps.
    heh...that's what my wife said, but she phrased as as "embracing your inner Laura Croft"

have the little one handing out mags :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    What ever you decide remember that your options will change each month with the baby's growth and seasonal changes. You might consider picking up lesser profile handgun for the next couple of years and transition that to a backup gun as the baby grows. Maybe something like a Walther PPS. Its slim and could be worn IWB with a clip on holster, pocket holster it in your back pocket, or what ever is quickest under the circumstances.

Don't forget that the likelihood of YOU needing a fast draw is very slim. Primarily because you are almost always going to be in condition yellow and aren't the type of woman to be marked as an easy score. That will protect you the most.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

LIMA !!!!

Glad you're back.

As for options I have 2 ideas...

1) a really tiny shoulder rig. just let the little guy carry and when you draw, it will look like you're just reaching in and giving him a hug.

ok.. that was a joke...

but seriously.. idea 2)

they make some really stable shoulder rigs for larger guns... could you modify one to hold the baby that didn't require the belt-strap? then you could wear your normal holsters...

It really does seem like with all of the criteria you're looking for, that it's the carrier that needs to be modified, not the holster.

- on further thought... do the gun shows up that way have custom holster makers there? Maybe they could work up a custom baby sling that doesnt' interfere with your holster.
    Heisenberg may have slept here

Seems like a purse with a quick-access velcro pocket might be an option - raise the whole thing in front of you and shoot through it if necessary.

I think Sixto's maxpeditionidea is one worth investigating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links