Double Mag Pocket Holder

This is a discussion on Double Mag Pocket Holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody make a pocket holder that will hold two mags? My autos are only 6 shooters and I want to carry at least two extras ...

Thread: Double Mag Pocket Holder

Question Double Mag Pocket Holder

Anybody make a pocket holder that will hold two mags? My autos are only 6 shooters and I want to carry at least two extras with me at all times.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I bet if you have a really good shoe repair place or custom boot maker near you..........they can probably fix you up.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    That's easy enough to make, but why the pocket. Reloading, should you ever need to do so, would need to be fast, a few seconds. You're not going to get that from inside your pocket.

Size wise, the Kahr is your only viable option to carry two in a pocket, unless you have really big pockets. Glock mags are just too thick.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I have one from Del Fatti that hols two 1911 mags nicely in a rear jeans pocket.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic View Post
    I have one from Del Fatti that hols two 1911 mags nicely in a rear jeans pocket.
    Went to Del Fatti and it's $95 for a double mag holder...

Out of my league.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

If Del Fatti does it, I assume that most custom makers would make you one. Why don't you contact 5 Shot and see if he'll do it for you.

5 Shot Leather, LLC - Home 5shotleather
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I know I've seen them in leather at a web site of a holster maker, for the life of me can't recall where. Some day I'll invest the time to track it down.

For now, every day I carry two single stack 1911 mags in a holder from WRB, pictured below on the right, in my off side front pocket. I also have one for my Kahr PM9. Not the toughest (my keys are starting to put some wear on the 1911 version) but very economical, and good customer service. Click Here.

And yes, while not as fast as OWB (or as fast as my single mag pocket holder from Milt Sparks, also in this pic), I can reload from here reasonably quickly. Besides, I've taken to carrying these plus one OWB.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I like the wrbusa double mag holder but it's only for my PM9. Hmmm.... maybe the CrossBreed double mag iwb holder?
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    I like the wrbusa double mag holder but it's only for my PM9. Hmmm.... maybe the CrossBreed double mag iwb holder?
    Maybe you missed this part...
    I also have one for my Kahr PM9.
    They make it also for a 9mm single stack (they offer it all the way down to a .25 in fact). Or, the tuckable CrossBreed if you like. Whatever works for you, that's the whole idea!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

When I was talking about the CrossBreed I was referring to something for my Glock G36 since WRBUSA has my PM9 covered. Sorry for the confusion.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Oops, sorry for misunderstanding!

The 36 being single stack might also work with a WRB (I use one for the 1911 in .45 ACP) but if you want an OWB tuckable for it, the CrossBreed should be a good option.
    Regards, T Bone.

I sure can with my Rough Grab. You send me a pocket tracing and which mag and I can custom make something for you.

Side Guard Holsters - Pocket Grab
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links