Help selecting a concealable Mag carrier

This is a discussion on Help selecting a concealable Mag carrier within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm having a tough time finding a solution for a concealable mag carrier and am hoping for some insight from the forum. I'm looking to ...

Thread: Help selecting a concealable Mag carrier

I'm having a tough time finding a solution for a concealable mag carrier and am hoping for some insight from the forum. I'm looking to carry a single mag and something that I can conceal without having to wear a jacket and feel like I need to ensure I keep both sides of my body covered at all times.

It seems like pocket carry would be convenient, but not the fastest if in the front pocket and I would think printing could be an issue in the rear pocket. I've already had to shift my wallet from the Right rear pocket to Left rear to avoid the wrestling match to get my wallet past the barrel of my gun when carried on the Right rear. This would leave the Left Front for a mag, but it seems like this is a less than ideal place to grab a mag from when in a hurry.

So then I come back to Carrying the mag on the Left hip / just behind the hip. I tried the tuckable mag carrier from Supertuck as I love my Supertuck .. but it's HUGE (IMHO) and to the point of now interfering with easy access to my wallet which I just moved the Left rear pocket! I'm hoping to find another tuckable IWB single mag carrier .. but not having much luck finding anything.

I need two different ones (Single stack 9mm PPS) & (Double stack 9mm / .40 for Sig p229)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't tried them, but Tucker has tuckable mag carriers.

-john

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar
    Go get a couple cell phone holders that will fit your mags. The kind that flip over and snap or velcro shut. Looks like a phone, no real need to fuss over concealment that way. Hook it on your belt...average joe will assume it is a phone or pager.

Took me a while to figure out all the best locations for everything. Espically on a limited budget. This worked the best. Be sure to pratice removeing it smoothly while praticing with your firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT View Post
    It seems like pocket carry would be convenient, but not the fastest if in the front pocket and I would think printing could be an issue in the rear pocket. I've already had to shift my wallet from the Right rear pocket to Left rear to avoid the wrestling match to get my wallet past the barrel of my gun when carried on the Right rear. This would leave the Left Front for a mag, but it seems like this is a less than ideal place to grab a mag from when in a hurry.
    Milt Sparks makes a pocket mag carrier, which breaks up the profile and keeps the mag indexed and in the right place. I actually have one for CZ75 that I don't need (sold the CZ); it might fit the Sig mags...not sure how to test.

When I CCW, I usually switch the wallet to the front pocket anyway, regardless of mag carrier, because I want to be able to extricate wallet, cash, etc without having to lift cover garments in the back.

It's true that getting the mag from a pocket mag carrier is not super-fast, but having to reload in a CCW gunfight is a rarity. I would put draw speed of the mag as a far lesser concern than draw speed of the gun.

I like my Nossar pocket mag carrier a lot. Left front pocket works well for me.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    For a single mag, I use the Milt Sparks pocket mag carrier on the left here. For a quickly available bugdet version, check out the DeSantis Mag Packer Note: Link does not work? Do a search on Mag Packer on DeSantis site- (made of the same material as the Nemesis Pocket Holster), or check out WRB Products (my double mag pocket carrier in this pic is from them).

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

[IMG][/IMG]
    A combination that I used with mixed results is the FIST #44 clip holster with mag holder attached. The gun in the pic is a CZ85 Combat.

It carries well and was safe and secure. To extract a mag and load a new one required changing gun hands which I was not too keen about. But, unless you are very unambidextrous can be okay. Does solve the problem of where to carry the extra mag. This rig does that very well indeed.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    +1 on Desantis Magpacker. I use one and like it a lot. Surprisingly enough, I find it pretty usable even in jeans pockets.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I have one of the Crossbreed Tuckable mag carriers and love it.
    magholders

Sponsored Links