Tuckable holster, but what about a spare mag?

This is a discussion on Tuckable holster, but what about a spare mag? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe I've narrowed down my EDC and the holster to go with it (FIST K#8 Tuckable/Interchangable/Cantable). Thanks up front to everyone's shared experience on ...

Thread: Tuckable holster, but what about a spare mag?

I believe I've narrowed down my EDC and the holster to go with it (FIST K#8 Tuckable/Interchangable/Cantable). Thanks up front to everyone's shared experience on here to help me with my decision. Any feedback on personal experience with that particular holster set up would be welcomed as well.

My question is, is there such a thing as a tuckable magazine holder? My carry will have to be tucked in a lot of cases (due to work), and I'm looking for options for carrying an extra magazine besides just putting one in my pocket. I've already got a full load with keys, cell phone, pocket knife, cigarettes, etc. Any thoughts or experience?
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

And Tucker.

...and Little Bear...

+1 on the Crossbreed. I have one and wear it just about everytime I carry. I have tucked it a few time and it does great.

One thing that I have considered is using a pocket holster designed for something like a J-frame or LCP to hold a spare magazine. I saw one at a gun show before Christmas and almost bought it for that purpose. I tried it out in my weak-side front pocket and it presented the mag to my hand in exactly the right position for a quick reload. There is another gun show this weekend, and I think I will get one for just this purpose.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Tried a few. Never found any that work worth a darn. If you find a good one, let me know.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovernm View Post
    +1 on the Crossbreed. I have one and wear it just about everytime I carry. I have tucked it a few time and it does great.
    I have considered getting one myself, but am afraid that I will have to buy my pants 2 sizes too big, am I just over thinking it?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

While not an inside the waistband I have found this mag holder is a lot less conspicuous. Most people think its for a leatherman tool.

SAFARILAND® [Model 123 Concealment Magazine Holder, Horizontal] : Holsters, Belts, Duty Gear, & Accessories for Law Enforcement, Military, Competition, and Sporting Enthusiasts
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Firkin View Post
    One thing that I have considered is using a pocket holster designed for something like a J-frame or LCP to hold a spare magazine. I saw one at a gun show before Christmas and almost bought it for that purpose. I tried it out in my weak-side front pocket and it presented the mag to my hand in exactly the right position for a quick reload. There is another gun show this weekend, and I think I will get one for just this purpose.
    Try the Desantis Mag Packer. Works just as well as their Nemesis holster for pocket carry. I especially like it for carrying an extra mag in a suit jacket pocket.

I often carry a spare mag in a Tucker tuckable IWB single mag pouch, shown here alongside my EDC Kimber 1911 in a Tucker Answer.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I have considered getting one myself, but am afraid that I will have to buy my pants 2 sizes too big, am I just over thinking it?
    I dont think you're overthinking it brother. I wear my jeans on the tight side and dont dig the loose fit baggy look. I can get a SuperTuck in the jeans and the P11 but to add a tuckable mnag deal would cause me to have to go at least one waist size bigger.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

alil personal but I normaly wear a 38 waist. When I started carrying and got new pants i went up to a 40. I have no problems with going up the one size and fitting both.

Links