HELP me decide..I have it narrowed to two!

This is a discussion on HELP me decide..I have it narrowed to two! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to be carrying a Smith& WessonM&P 9c IWB and have it narrowed down to two holsters for appendix carry..Please give me your ...

Thread: HELP me decide..I have it narrowed to two!

I am going to be carrying a Smith& WessonM&P 9c IWB and have it narrowed down to two holsters for appendix carry..Please give me your feedback on which one you think is better and why. Im female about 5'6 and about 140-145lbs..Thanks.

Comp-Tac : Products

"Sharkbite KDX" AIWB (Appendix IWB)

--interesting choice of Comp-Tac holsters for appendix carry. I have a couple Two O'Clock holsters that work nicely. The Sharkbite looks well designed...maybe better than the CT.

of the two you linked to (Minotaur or Sharkbite), I'd definitely go with the Sharkbite. The Minotaur has a muzzle-rear cant which is not going to work as well in the appendix position. For A-IWB, you want a straight-drop, or a muzzle-forward cant so that you can get a locked-wrist draw. Another reason is that the muzzle will follow the hip-crease so you don't get jabbed when you sit down.

If you're open to suggestions, I highly recommend the Tucker Cover-up. I've been carrying my Glock 19 in A-IWB using this holster for almost a year now and have been extremely happy with it. Here's a link to the review I did when I got it http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...lots-pics.html

Another good one, if you like kydex, is the ACR (appendix carry rig) from Raven Concealment. This is a comfortable rig and is very fast to draw from.

by the way...welcome to the forum, always nice to see another resident of Misery--oops I mean Missouri
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I personally like the comp-tac because of how it feels on me. Now...different people have different thoughts of whats better. My suggestion is if you can, try them both to see which one feels more comfortable and go from there.

Sponsored Links