TT Gunleather

TT Gunleather

This is a discussion on TT Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all, I have just purchased a new Kimber 3" Ultra Carry II with Crimson Tracer, and I need a holster for CC here ...

Thread: TT Gunleather

TT Gunleather

Hello to all,
    I have just purchased a new Kimber 3" Ultra Carry II with Crimson Tracer, and I need a holster for CC here in Florida...

I have decided to purchase from TT Gunleather,
    But I don’t know the name of the holsters that I want!

They are in the Gallery Section. I have included a couple of pictures of the rigs that I want. ( I hope they will pop up in my post)

I would like to know if anybody has purchased these holsters and what do you think about them?

Also I have e-mailed Tim @ TT Gunleather asking him if he could send me a couple of pictures of the backside of these rigs.

I will also buy his gun belt in sharkskin to carry the holster.

I know from reading the post on this site that most of the quality manufactures have a LONG waiting period. (Which I think is kind of silly since we are willing to pay a premium price, and need the holsters NOW not in 4 to 12 weeks!

If anyone has either of the holsters and would like to share the information about them I would appreciate it.
    Thank you
    Regards,
    Mr. Moto
    Attached Images

The magazine is on the wrong side of your body.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard eldorado.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post

(Which I think is kind of silly since we are willing to pay a premium price, and need the holsters NOW not in 4 to 12 weeks!
    eldorado,

Welcome. Nice looking holsters and I think you will like your Kimber.

The waits are long because there are so many of us that want these custom holsters. Most of the makers are small shops, in some just one person works on the holsters, and therefore they cannot produce enough to keep up with the demand. The premium price is for the quality and craftsmanship.

You might try something like a Galco or Fobus, or other factory made holster until your custom is available.
    NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum.

No doubt the holster makers would love to send your product the day you ordered. But they have a high demand. To increase production to meet demand is simply not something one does easily with a product that requires skill and hand crafting. Add to that the number of weapons they make holsters for, multiply by the number of holster models they make, then by the color and trim options... I think you get my point.

But wait times are actually as little as a few weeks in some shops (even some very good ones), and range to well over a year for some. The 12-16 weeks TT is quoting is not that bad. Milt Sparks holsters have been running 20-26 weeks for quite some time.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Some time ago, I sent Matt Del Fatti an email to ask if he did his own work by himself or if he had other Craftsmen in his shop. This is his reply:

I design, build patterns, cut out, glue and stitch, mold, dye, and seal everything that leaves my shop. My daughter, Gina, is the only other person here. She answers the phone, does the bookkeeping, shipping, and helps out with some final finish steps like hand waxing etc.

Matt Del Fatti
    Del Fatti Leather

Matt has a 2 year wait and right now is not taking orders to try and reduce his back log. As you can see, these guys are busy, thus the long wait!!
    NRA life member.

Hello Eldorado,
    I enjoy two TT holsters for my Kimber Pro Raptor ii . You did well to email Tim for suggestions, he will respond and make you a very fine holster. Buy from the best makers and wait for quality rather then buying quick and cheap. My holster drawer is full of quick and cheap that never gets used and then there is my TT holsters that get used and appreciated. I wish I could own a DelFatti and Sparks as well, but so happy I took someone's advice on this forum and found TT Gunleather. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    But wait times are actually as little as a few weeks in some shops (even some very good ones), and range to well over a year for some. The 12-16 weeks TT is quoting is not that bad. Milt Sparks holsters have been running 20-26 weeks for quite some time.
    Indeed -- there's a whole range of wait times. You can get a Galco in your mailbox 96 hrs after ordering if you want.

But you can move up the quality ladder substantially with only a little wait. FIST and Kramer will turn around an order in the ~4 week range. TT Gunleather often has items in stock. Mitch Rosen's Express line is an excellent, very under-rated option (it's my preferred choice for G17 OWB) and they often stock as well.

A lot of newer holster outfits will have turnarounds in the 2 - 3 month range.

From there, MS is more like 6 months, and the other places upwards from there.

There are options.

Guys, Thanks for all the great advice... I just got off the phone with Tim from TT Gunleather, and I went with the pancake & mag combo with gator.

I really like the look of TT rigs and I don't mind waiting for him to build me a custom holster for my new Kimber.

Tim said he builds them by himself wow.
    I will take some pictures of my Kimber and post them in a couple of days.

Thanks

wpk
    I have a TT holster for my 1911. Beautiful piece of leather and fits my gun like a glove. A+ I think it took about 4 months for mine from order to arrival.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    My P7 and Tims IWB "Mikes Special" go together like peanut butter and jelly. Great holster IMO. It's the second pic on his gallery.

His Snap Removable Pancake and my 29 and 657 LH are good buddies too. It is the first one he made for a 3" N frame S&W and I asked him to add the #1 under his brand. It goes with me on winter nights when I'm traveling. Love Big Bore S&W Snubbies! Great customer service! It's the 25th pic on his gallery.

You have chosen well sir. Tim is a great guy.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Great choice, and a great guy to do business with too.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ster-xd45.html

I'm saving to order some more leather from Tim soon.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I have his snap release pancake holster for my FNP9. It is without doubt the nicest leather holster I own. My pistol "clicks" into the holster much like it would into one of the Fobus kydex models. Worth the wait (which wasn't that long compared to some of the other custom makers).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I am very happy with my Snap Removable Pancake for my P250. You won't be disappointed.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I am very happy with my Snap Removable Pancake for my P250. You won't be disappointed.
    I have a double-snap OWB for my P225 (mine is the holster shown in his gallery section).

Fantastic holster and it has become my favorite holster that I own (including Brigade, Sparks). Fit of the P225 is just perfect. Clicks into place, but still good draw. Fit-and-finish are flawless.

Order, then wait - the time won't be missed after it arrives.

Sponsored Links