New York Reload Holster for S&W 642-2

This is a discussion on New York Reload Holster for S&W 642-2 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a SOB holster for a S&W 642-2. Now before everyone “blasts” me for such a unthinkable act first let me explain ...

I am looking for a SOB holster for a S&W 642-2. Now before everyone “blasts” me for such a unthinkable act first let me explain the reason. I switch between a Glock 19 in a “Wild Bill Concealment Holsters” contour belt slide holster at 3 o’clock with a 10rd mag in the weapon and a 15rd mag on my weak side. Or I carry a S&W 315 Night Guard in .38 in a Galco Combat Master at 3 o’clock with 2 speed strips in small pocket on the right side of my jeans. What I am looking for is a “New York Reload” holster, so if my Glock for some un-godly reason fails or to allow me time to recover in between reloads of my Night Guard. When I can not carry on my hip I carry the 642-2 in a “Renegade” ankle rig but I want something faster if I am in the open and cover is an issue. Pocket carry is out of the question as I have Hogue Monogrips on the 642 which are a bit larger the the norm, they help with the recoil I am using speer 38 Special+P 135gr Gold Dot Short Barrel Hollow Point (I know, I know… practice with my reload to make me faster… got it), but does anyone have any suggestions. I am thinking of a weak side draw and preferably a palm out draw, but if I have to I will do a palm in. Any ideas?
    Last edited by RedFalconDoc; February 14th, 2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Lack of sleep and fingers faster then brain... sorry
    "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."- The Man Comes Around
    -Johnny Cash R.I.P

VIP Member
    The Search Feature is your Friend.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...lster-new.html
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Thanks Miggy, I saw that one and I think it is great for when I carry my G19 but if I carry my Night Guard then the mag pouch would be useless. I did a search but not a lot of talk about what type more of the pros and cons of SOB.. I will keep looking. But again thank you.
    "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."- The Man Comes Around
    -Johnny Cash R.I.P

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Fist has what you describe. Check out the #41, it's a palm out draw. Fist SOB holsters

Mernickle makes one too, in the PS2SOB, but I'm not sure they offer it for the 642. Besides, Fist is less expensive and will be faster.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Thanks T Bone I will check them out...
    -Johnny Cash R.I.P

Links