Gun Belts - Page 2

Gun Belts

This is a discussion on Gun Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GunnyBunny If you're gonna order directly, I have the following advice. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR MEASUREMENT EXACTLY OR YOU WILL GET THE ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belts

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    If you're gonna order directly, I have the following advice. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR MEASUREMENT EXACTLY OR YOU WILL GET THE WRONG SIZE!!

Too subtle guys?
    Then add an inch to get the middle hole fit. Lesson taught after buying 3 of them in the past.
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

Anybody try the CrossBreed belt?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Good thread!

I too wondered about the price of these Gunbelts and was going to start a thread, but found this one.

AllAmerican, Hello, Nice to meet you, Could you show us your rig & carry setup?
    Do you carry all day?,any extra rounds or magazines?

I was going to add to my order from TT Gunleather a matching Gunbelt to hold my OWB holster with incorporated mag holder,plus an extra 2 mag holder for when I travel far from home.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Moto

I purchased two heavy leather belts from Cabela's over a year ago. They have both served me well and were under $40. They were double layer belts called "Double Duty".
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Notaras View Post
    I paid $45 for a Bianchi belt from a local gun shop. I've been wearing it for a little over a week and it's starting to warp a little already. I'm not terribly impressed.
    I did the same thing with a different brand. It's garbage. It looked like leather in the catalog, but it was vinyl that ended up tearing near the buckle. Not only that, it formed perfectly around the holster so it didn't conceal properly IMO. I finally ordered a real belt from the Beltman that only cost me about $20 more than the piece of crap I bought the first time.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Being as how I carry a full sized "Duty Gun" concealed, I find that a well made dedicated Gun Belt is worth the money.

Holsters are designed to work as a system, with a Belt. It's the foundation, like a house, so to speak. I have "dress belts" that are 1.25" in width and "casual belts" that are 1.50" in width. They are made by dedicated Holster and Belt makers.

Yes, they are "pricey" and some people say they don't see what good a Gun Belt does, but I do. In my closet right now are two Belts by Bruce Gibson, one by Mitch Rosen and one by the Belt Man. They all work well and help to support the guns and ammo I carry daily. Also, I use a Gibson Gun Belt under my "Duty Belt" and it's benn holding up great with day to day abuse.

IMO you get what you pay for in regards to a Belt. For me, it's worth it to pay a little more and not have to replace it as quickly as I would a cheaper Belt. I have also found that a well made, not a major company's mass produced item, is more comfortable for day to day carry.

Biker

I have a Crossbreed belt - ordered it with my first Supertuck - very well made, very heavy construction, wearing it as I type, very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post
    Good thread!

I too wondered about the price of these Gunbelts and was going to start a thread, but found this one.

AllAmerican, Hello, Nice to meet you, Could you show us your rig & carry setup?
    Do you carry all day?,any extra rounds or magazines?

I was going to add to my order from TT Gunleather a matching Gunbelt to hold my OWB holster with incorporated mag holder,plus an extra 2 mag holder for when I travel far from home.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Moto
    Yup I carry all day. I carry a spare 12 round mag too on the belt. In the how do you carry thread I have a pic on there where Im usng the Kholster IWB with the Georgia Boot Company belt. You cant see the mag but its is on the other side.

Im not saying a gun belt isnt a good inverstment. Im just not sold on how much better it makes it.

That said, Im interested in a Wilderness and may buy one down the line but right now Ive been wearing the GBC belt with an OWB Side Guard holster and the spare mag all day everyday and have no problems with it at all.

I should add that Im not carrying a large gun either. Keltec P11. I think its 22 ozs loaded.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

The Wilderness 5 Stitch is a good belt for small money
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

AllAmerican,
    Thanks for the reply, I too just used a plain belt for my S&W J frame
    no big deal.

But now that I purchased the Kimber UCII I wanted the option of extra mags, that brings extra weight etc, hence my question of the Gunbelt.

I have decided to purchase a med. brown belt to match the holster and mag holder that Tim @ TT is making for me. I like what I have seen on his site.

But I also don't want a belt that makes me look like I'm on the job in plain clothes. LOL
    Best,
    Moto

Problem is, I would think you'd have to get at least two, one in brown and one in black?
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Academy has a Brazos Work belt for $12 and change that looks just like a Galco gun belt. It's made in the USA, 1.5 in wide and very stiff. For 12 bucks I can buy an new one everytime it wears out!
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    The Wilderness 5 Stitch is a good belt for small money
    Yep, I'll be getting one of those in black and another in coyote as soon as my permit comes in. I've been using Patagonia Tech Web belts (I work at REI), and they are quite beefy for a nylon belt. But when I saw the Wilderness belts... I've actually had to use my belts as a make-shift harness before, and the Wilderness belts are made for that sort of thing!
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I used a Galco leather belt for a couple years, and it holds up well. I recently bought a Wilderness Instructors belt which happened to be much less than the Galco belt I bought and works just as well. IMO if you're on a budget, the Wilderness Instructors belt is one to consider. I paid almost 80 bucks for the Galco belt, but paid about half that for the Wilderness belt.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Links please

Links to wilderness belts and Academy. Most the others mentioned here are from known holster manufacturers so that isnt't a problem. I was able to find the Georgia Boot web site OK. The site doesn't list belts but if you do a search on the site it does take you to a page that list belts but no information as far as width or which model might be thicker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links