Gun Belts

This is a discussion on Gun Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems most good holster makers offer their own belts too. But man they're pricey! Are they worth it? What do they do that a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belts

Gun Belts

It seems most good holster makers offer their own belts too. But man they're pricey! Are they worth it? What do they do that a good new regular belt won't? How many of you have one and what do you think?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

A regular belt will not stand up to the weight of your gun and holster over an extended period of time. A gun belt will get the job done and last MUCH longer than any regular grade belt. Check out the belts offered by the BELTMAN, link is www.thebeltman.net. He has fine quality gun belts at reasonable prices with prompt delivery.

+1 on The Beltman! A good belt makes all the difference in the word.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I too though (think) that gun belts are pricey, but decided to make the investment for my own good. The deciding moment came one morning, while taking my dogs out for a quick walk before going to work. I'm carrying IWB with my regular 1 1/2 inch belt and bent over to pick up some doodoo, when my holster pops out. The clips slipped off my flimsy belt.

The same day I went out and bought a Beltman belt. Yes, I live about 45 minutes away from a gun shop in Apex, NC that sells them (Beltman is in Apex). I gladly paid the $70 and my problem has been solved. No more issues, no more worries. The belt's thickness and stiffness secures the holster/gun more efficiently, and in my case, the clips on my holsters stay where they are supposed to, on the belt.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Dude,

I live near Apex. Is it Young Guns?

Does the beltman have a shop in Apex?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Dude,

I live near Apex. Is it Young Guns?

Does the beltman have a shop in Apex?
    Yes, Young Guns has a rack in the middle aisle with Beltman belts. Beltman does not have a store. Just make sure you leave your gun at home, Young Guns has the "No Guns Allowed" sing on his front door and two dozen guns in his display cabinet.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Yes, Young Guns has a rack in the middle aisle with Beltman belts. Beltman does not have a store. Just make sure you leave your gun at home, Young Guns has the "No Guns Allowed" sing on his front door and two dozen guns in his display cabinet.
    Drove over today - only three BeltMan belts left on the rack - none in my size. I guess I'll be ordering it direct. I was able to find the right size by trying on the the ones that DON'T fit. Now I know what to order.

I may need to order one from outside the state. I have issues about paying state sales tax if I don't have to. I'd rather pay the shipping - at least FedEx provides a good service for the money I pay.

VIP Member
    If you're gonna order directly, I have the following advice. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR MEASUREMENT EXACTLY OR YOU WILL GET THE WRONG SIZE!!

Too subtle guys?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Just purchased a Comp-Tac Tapered Belt with a kydex linner sandwiched between the outer and inner pieces of leather. Super comfortable- super support. A little thicker than the Belt man I have, but a real nice looking belt.
    The taper gives the appearence of a nice dress belt. Excellent fit with my M.T.A.C. holster and others. Thier service is excellent and delivery time 9 days.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

$20 Geogia Boot Company belt works just fine. Im not sold yet on the $50-$70 belt hype yet.

Sorry, its a belt.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

VIP Member
    I use Galco Belts.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post

I'd think twice about supporting that outfit...
    Gun control is not about the guns...It's about the control.

Current primary carry: M&P9C - Soon to be Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

NRA Lifer

I paid $45 for a Bianchi belt from a local gun shop. I've been wearing it for a little over a week and it's starting to warp a little already. I'm not terribly impressed.
    Throw nature out with a pitchfork
    And yet she will return

Quote Originally Posted by Katoom View Post

I'd think twice about supporting that outfit...
    Me too. Selling gun belts with a no gun policy says they don't want my business.
    NRA life member.

I have Sparks and Del Fatti belts that I have used for years. Granted they cost more than off the rack casual belts however they last a long time and still look good. I carry a full size 1911 for about 12 hours per day and I can definitely tell that a good gunbelt makes carrying much more secure and comfortable.
    NRA life member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links