Picking a Tuck Holster

Picking a Tuck Holster

This is a discussion on Picking a Tuck Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a new member and need some advise on a holster to tuck my shirt in with. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs. and I carry a ...

Picking a Tuck Holster

I'm a new member and need some advise on a holster to tuck my shirt in with. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs. and I carry a Glock 36. I've tried some holsters, but they leave a bulge in my pants. I do not wear baggy clothes. What do you all recommend?

jfl
    Welcome aboard !!!

I am happy with the M-Tac from Comp-Tac; I just get 1 size larger pants.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I have the kydex clips for my Milt Sparks VM2...Havent tried them yet, and don't really want to switch the clips out all the time, so I've been looking for one too.

I was checking out the MTAC and the CrossBreed Super Tuck. I think I like the clips on the supertuck better, but I want to see the backside of it first also. I'd much rather find an all leather tuckable though...can't ever seem to find any.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Desantis Tuck This II may work out for you. Has the plus of being able to adjust it for hip, appendix, small of back or cross draw. I have one for my j-frame scandium 360 and it works out great as I like to carry it appendix position. Being adjustable I was able to cant it about 20 degrees or so, so when I sit its very comfortable. How ever that glock is huge compared to the j-frame so your mileage may vary.
    Also High Noon makes the hidden ally and the split decision which I also like.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

+1 for the MTAC. If you don't already have one, you should also consider a good gun belt. A good belt makes a world of difference.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    MTAC while you wait on a K&D Dakota Defender. I've been using velcro clips and have been very happy with this setup on both holsters. The FIST K4 and K8 look interesting. I may give one a try also.

Edit: Had my FIST #s wrong.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    To the OP:

Welcome to the forums.

Let me start by saying that, any IWB holster will leave a bulge in your britches depending on your gun width. You must dress around it. Going up 1" or so in pants size may be necessary. If you plan to tuck your shirts, you will most likely have to "blouse" your shirts out a little around your waist. You dont need to do it so much that you look like a cossack dancer, just enough to leave room as not to print and maybe cover the top portion of the clips for the holster. I wear casual shirts w/jeans everyday and have never been made. I work around 70 people everyday. A good gun belt is also necessary to support the weight of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I'd much rather find an all leather tuckable though...can't ever seem to find any.
    Here's a pic of my Dakota Defender from K&D. Kevin makes a very good IWB tuckable and the Dakota is my first choice for my Kimber EDC. Very comfortable, has a suede backside against your skin. I also have an MTAC but the Dakota Defender is far more comfortable and all leather. The "C" clips on mine are a Comptac product.

Here are a couple of pics of the K&D Dakota Defender. K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

Backside

"Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I have a Glock 36 that I carry in a SuperTuck holster. Since my work requires maximum concealment, I almost always wear it tucked with dress pants, shirt, and tie. I have found that by using the velcro clips and a good gun belt I can carry without anyone detecting it. Since I often am standing in front of 100 to 120 people a day, I think the concealment works pretty good.

It did take me a little while to figure out how to get my shirt tucked in without getting a cramp in my arm and aggravated to the point of almost giving up. After a while, however, I learned to tuck my shirt in around the pistol before I put on the belt. It is a lot easier to get the shirt in without the belt putting pressure on the velcro clips. I really recommend the SuperTuck for comfort and concealment.

+1 with dmaxprof on the SuperTuck using Velcro Clips. If I'm going tucked it's that way!
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

sounds like you are extremely close to my size and I don't like to wear baggy or large clothing either. I love my supertuck, it's extremely comfortable. Here are some pictures...

Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I shot an email over to Eric at HBE...the DC tuckable looks really nice. I'm gonna give it a try.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

welcome from MI I have an IWB Don Hume Leathergood holster. Try their web site.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I shot an email over to Eric at HBE...the DC tuckable looks really nice. I'm gonna give it a try.
    I just ordered one of these on Monday. I already have a Protuck TL, but I wanted the DC tuckable too. You can also call Eric. He's great to talk to and the discussions are very informative. Especially if you have a lot of questions. It saves on the note-tag and your holster will be in the queue that much faster.

I'm already drooling over the one I ordered. Knowing Eric, it's going to be a work of art.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

My tuckable experiences include Crossbreed SuperTuck and Dave Workman's "Undershirt" D&D Gunleather

Links