Liger Gun Belt

Liger Gun Belt

This is a discussion on Liger Gun Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know, I know, not another gun belt post... I need some specifics though that the search function didn't provide. I need to hear from ...

Thread: Liger Gun Belt

Liger Gun Belt

I know, I know, not another gun belt post...

I need some specifics though that the search function didn't provide.

I need to hear from anyone who EDC's their Liger Gun Belts and answer two questions:

1) How has it held up over a year or more of daily wear?

2) I know the buckle isn't the most conventional, but I was going to order a dark brown liger and was wondering if I could get away with wearing this is dress clothes e.g., dockers and button down shirt. Does anyone else were this with dress clothes?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger to order a liger belt this week and just wanted some wearer input. Thanks!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

“Dollars and guns are no substitutes for brains and will power” Dwight D Eisenhower

Here are some of my holsters........

I've worn two Ligers for about three years--they hold up extremely well and I highly recommend them.

I typically dress in Dockers. I don't consider them "dress" but casual. My brown and black Ligers have the silver buckle and look just fine with them.

The best thing about the Liger, in comparison with the highly acclaimed instructor belts, is that they do NOT look like a gun belt!

Buy one and you'll love it.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I've worn two Ligers for about three years--they hold up extremely well and I highly recommend them.

I typically dress in Dockers. I don't consider them "dress" but casual. My brown and black Ligers have the silver buckle and look just fine with them.

The best thing about the Liger, in comparison with the highly acclaimed instructor belts, is that they do NOT look like a gun belt!

Buy one and you'll love it.
    Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear! I was hoping it'd be ok to wear with jeans at home and to wear with business casual dress at work. I was hoping it'd blend in so that the belt didn't look out of place carrying or not.

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    1) How has it held up over a year or more of daily wear?
    Outstanding, having had mine for just under a year. The only real wear is shown on the front aluminum buckle, which isn't very scratch resistant. Any scratches, scuffs, water, and miscellaneous liquid (read: restaurant) stains come right off with hot water and mild detergent.

2) I know the buckle isn't the most conventional, but I was going to order a dark brown liger and was wondering if I could get away with wearing this is dress clothes e.g., dockers and button down shirt. Does anyone else were this with dress clothes?
    Yes. I wear the belt every day to work with black slacks and almost every day out of work in cargos and jeans. Only one person has ever made a comment about the unusual buckle, and she's arguably one of the most observant people I've ever known.

If I could do it again, I'd still go for the Liger Gun Belt. Hope this helps.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

I bought one a couple of years ago but I have not tried it yet.I ordered a 38 and got a size 41.I guess I will have to wait till I get a bit fatter.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

To all that have replied that they own the belt would you be willing to share your pant and belt sizes? I've measured myself given the instructions on the website, but I wanted to get a sanity check that I'm ordering the right size.

I am a 38 inch waist in pants. When I measured my waist size per the instructions I'm measuring a 41.5 so I round up to a 42. Does this sizing remain consistent with what y'all have found? I'd rather go bigger than too small because the maxpedition website states that the belt can be punched if additional smaller holes are necessary.

I have the Signess!

I wear size 36 pants. I have two Liger belts which I really like. Size 38 works perfectly for me.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

BAC
    The Liger belt has an even number of adjustment holes (6). I find that I let mine out one hole when I carry, compared to when I don't. I believe I have a size 34 belt, and normally wear size 30-32 pants (I planned ahead, given that this belt will last a long time and I'm at an age that I'm starting to 'fill out more').

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    I bought one a couple of years ago but I have not tried it yet.I ordered a 38 and got a size 41.I guess I will have to wait till I get a bit fatter.
    It is easy to cut down the length, I've done it. If you need to punch (aka drill) new holes, they are then round, not the slight oval of the original Liger, so be aware of that...now get to work and modify, then wear, that Liger...
    Last edited by JimmyC4; February 17th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Thanks guys, I ordered my Liger (Black/Grey Buckle) today from KnifeWorks. Hopefully I'll have it by Saturday! I hope the sizing was correct every time I measured I was a 41 so I ordered the 42 belt. If it isn't sized right I'll just drill another hole in the belt.

I have the Signess!

I wear "Old Navy Khaki pants size 32x32 I love Maxpedition Liger waist belt size do I need? Very Thank all user
    Thanks You and God Bless You DefensiveCarry.com

Sponsored Links