Any negative opinions on a Supertuck?

This is a discussion on Any negative opinions on a Supertuck? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering buying a CrossBreed Supertuck and am just wondering if there is anyone out there with a negative opinion on the subject. Thanks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any negative opinions on a Supertuck?

VIP Member

I am considering buying a CrossBreed Supertuck and am just wondering if there is anyone out there with a negative opinion on the subject. Thanks for your help.
    Sigmanluke
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Nothing negative to say. I was a little bit disappointed in it, probably because it was hyped so much I probably expected more. In the end though, it is still a nice holster. Kinda wished I had tried the MTAC and will probably get one sooner or later.
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I think the only negative thing you can say about the Supertuck is that compared to custom leather they are pretty ugly. I do not own one, but everything I've seen and heard about them is excellent. They function very well for what they are made to do. It's not like anyone is going to see it anyway.

Me, I like the pretty leather. There's something to be said about hand crafted leather holsters. Most of them are works of art.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

There was a thread not too long ago about this.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-holsters.html

They are excellent holsters. Like any product, there are some things that should be taken into consideration before ordering and I think they got covered in the thread above.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I love mine, but like others have said, it's not sexy. But hey, it's inside your pants anyway. The only thing I can think of is tucking in your shirt with the regular clips, they are kinda big(but I think most holsters have this sort of issue). But there are other clip options, I am going to get the velcro clips when I can afford a gun belt with velcro attached to it.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Very happy with the two I have. They're all function, not appearance, but concealed is concealed, so who cares.

They offer three different clip options, height and cant are adjustable to the user's preference and their customer service reputation is great.

I already posted - I am more than pleased with mine. My Kimber Ultra CDP II is resting quietly there now. Service was quick, and it works as advertised.

If you're looking for sexy leather, go somewhere else. However, the lack of adornments and doodads makes this holster fit tightly and comfortably. My ccw disappears - even in shorts and a t-shirt.

I do own a crossbreed supertuck, great holster, great service. That being said, if you appreciate leather work, spend about $30 bucks more and search out the finer leather holster makers. So I agree with most of the other posts, but defend my fetish for leather

I own one and have nothing negative to say about it. It's not pretty, but then it doesn't need to be!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I have a Milt Sparks VMII for my Sig 239, and a Supertuck for my 220 Carry. Now I understand that the VMII needs to be broken in, but it is much less comfortable than the supertuck. I could carry the 220 forever with the supertuck! Its even comfortable when sitting in the car, unlike the VMII. The Supertuck has good retention while still having a really smooth draw, and Very easy to re-holster. I also noticed that the entire gun/holster doesnt move around while walking unlike the VMII. The VMII is a beautiful holster and I will give it a chance to break in before making up my mind, but so far I wish I had bought a supertuck for the 239 instead. With both holsters you cant even tell that Im carrying unless Im bending down. Im 5' 8" 135lbs. And I really like the adjustability of the Supertuck as well.

The only thing I wish I had done was order the supertuck with the 'combat grip'.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    My ccw disappears - even in shorts and a t-shirt.
    +1 Same here!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Just make sure to get the "Combat Grip" option. Without it you cannot get a full grip on your weapon to draw it. I bought one of mine used and modified it myself (very easy). Other than that they are excellent holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post

...The only thing I wish I had done was order the supertuck with the 'combat grip'.
    Took me about 45 seconds with a sharpie and pair of scissors.
    My only gripe would be the old clips, stretched the rear one out last week (after over a year of use). That's been fixed so now it's non issue, I'll be buying a set of metal clips soon. No reason to ask for warranty, I stretched out the clip.

This holster is great.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I have a Milt Sparks VMII for my Sig 239, and a Supertuck for my 220 Carry. Now I understand that the VMII needs to be broken in, but it is much less comfortable than the supertuck. I could carry the 220 forever with the supertuck! Its even comfortable when sitting in the car, unlike the VMII. The Supertuck has good retention while still having a really smooth draw, and Very easy to re-holster. I also noticed that the entire gun/holster doesnt move around while walking unlike the VMII. The VMII is a beautiful holster and I will give it a chance to break in before making up my mind, but so far I wish I had bought a supertuck for the 239 instead. With both holsters you cant even tell that Im carrying unless Im bending down. Im 5' 8" 135lbs. And I really like the adjustability of the Supertuck as well.

The only thing I wish I had done was order the supertuck with the 'combat grip'.
    I know this thread is about the Supertuck, but I feel it nec. to point out your experience with the Versa Max 2 is not typical. For most of us, it does not squeak (one of my four did, Baby Powder fixed that), and does not move around when I (we) walk. It also is comfortable when driving and sitting for me and many others ( I carry a 5 inch 1911 most days). I have four, it's obviously my favorite. It is not for everyone, and though I suggest you give it a bit more of a chance, you may be one of the minority that it just doesn't work for (are you using the same size loops and belt?).

On the Supertuck, I can only make one complaint. That is the grip. When I bought mine (very early) I was astonished I was unable to get a full firing grip on the weapon for drawing. I think my complaining of this on another Forum was what prompted Mark to begin offering the "Combat Cut". I still have trouble fathoming how a major (and very successful) holster maker could produce a holster without the proper grip as standard. However, not everyone agrees with me, and as Mark has pointed out, he has thousands of satisfied customers including LEO's and others who carry by profession who are happy with the stock system (it IS very comfortable).

CrossBreed offers excellent Customer Service, Mark takes his customer satisfaction very seriously. He has earned his place in the market with his extremely popular holster (on Forums I frequent, I see his product recommended more than any other holster except the Versa Max 2). I congratulate him on his hard earned success
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Best holster I have ever had. I carry a G30SF in it and it dissapears.... and the G30 is a brick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links