A newbie Holster Question about Cant

This is a discussion on A newbie Holster Question about Cant within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im ordering my first custom Holster from Side Guard Holsters,Im getting a High Slide holster for my Glock 27,and Im not sure what cant to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A newbie Holster Question about Cant

Im ordering my first custom Holster from Side Guard Holsters,Im getting a High Slide holster for my Glock 27,and Im not sure what cant to tell Erik to put in it, 10 , or 15, I wear it at 4:00 to 4:30,so it really needs cant.I dont like that 3:00 0 cant ,straight up and down, I have the Galco Summer Comfort,with the to snapps for your belt,and it has a really good cant,I have the Black Hawk Sepra belt holsters,where you can adjust the cant,with screws,but it doesent tell ya what degree,your setting it at???I put 15 degrees on the order form,bu im afraid thats too much, maybe 10 is enough??? They go from 0 to 5,10,15,20??? I have to chose.I need some of you guys with the experince,thats how ole DM says it.lol most of my holsters are single clip or snap loops so you can kinda adjust the cant if the loops arent tight on your belt,by tilting the holster,between you and your pants/belt pressure.The Summer Comfort Holster allready has cant made into it, sorry but I don know how to upload pics or id show ya. I think I did it..
    Attached Images

well. I just got 2 holsters from Erik and both were 15 degree cant. I wear em OWB at 3:30-4:00 and dont have a problem with the cant.

I think 15 dgree is fine. For me anyway.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    15 is usually the lowest cant used for IWB at 430. The range usually goes from 15 to 25. My Milt Sparks VMII is a little over 15...I tired measuring it off a picture and was coming up with about 18 with my super sketchy estimate. I'm going to be ordering my HBE with 20 degrees.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Thanks for the imput,I was starting to think I was in trouble I know what I like,but just dont know,how its measured...It feels right,but,I cant tell if its 10 degrees cant or 15.I know what 0 cant is how do you tell?? I guess if you buy a 15 degree F.B.I canted Holster and it feels right.then you know .

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    15 is usually the lowest cant used for IWB at 430. The range usually goes from 15 to 25. My Milt Sparks VMII is a little over 15...I tired measuring it off a picture and was coming up with about 18 with my super sketchy estimate. I'm going to be ordering my HBE with 20 degrees.
    im sorry,I forgot to say this holster is a High Slide OWB it slides through your belt,sits almost as high as the bottom of your belt, so there wont be any adjusting on it.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    To measure cant from a picture, I usually take the snaps, rivets, or screws from the loops or clips and draw a line. That's where it will ride on the belt, so it's a good level reference. Then draw a perpendicular line. Then draw a line along the slide of the gun. The angle between the perpendicular line and the slide line is the cant.

A few holsters have adjustable cant, but none of the ones I like do. Once your holster drawer grows bigger, you'll get a feel for what kind of cant you like, and when you order custom holsters, you can have it made exactly to your liking.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

A pic of the holster in question..

hers a pic of the Holster i ordered,Would 15 degree cant work here??I really dont think so,what do you guys say??

sorry heres the Holster...looks straight up and down...o cant??
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    hers a pic of the Holster i ordered,Would 15 degree cant work here??I really dont think so,what do you guys say??
    I think the 15 degree cant is more beneficial if you wear it slightly more toward the back, say in the 4 o'clock position.
    NRA life member.

Administrator
    Determining and specifying holster Rake or Cant.
    Go to this Matt Del Fatti website page.

This link should help. Del Fatti Leather - Rake and Belt measurements

Lead Moderator
    That holster looks close to 0 degree cant . Not 15 degree for sure. A 15 degree cant is typical , so you will probably be o.k. Another suggestion (a bit late for you) is talk to the maker if possible before ordering . Hope the holster works well for you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    That holster looks close to 0 degree cant . Not 15 degree for sure. A 15 degree cant is typical , so you will probably be o.k. Another suggestion (a bit late for you) is talk to the maker if possible before ordering . Hope the holster works well for you.
    I just ordered it yesterday,it hasent been started yet,he said it would take about 5 weeks....Thats why I wanted to know,because I can change it still,I have oly talked to him in a email,
    i havent recieved the form from him yet or paid for it yet either.I did order this one from K&D a couple of days ago,Kevin said it would take 4 months to get it...Its the Thunderbird Defender,its a IWB or OWB....Its for my M&P fs 40 cal. Shes the newest to the family.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tn Mitch; February 16th, 2009 at 12:46 AM.

Thats cool the way the jean material is on the clips.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    sorry heres the Holster...looks straight up and down...o cant??
    Yep that one was setup for zero and the customer wore it at 3 o'clock. I would recommend 15 for that cant.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Yep that one was setup for zero and the customer wore it at 3 o'clock. I would recommend 15 for that cant.
    Thanks for the advice,after hearing from all you I think thats what ill do.What about the Thunderbird Defender above,the one in the brown,I ordered it in 15 cant also,ayleast you can adjust that one when you wear it IWB,with the clips,its when you have one that you run a belt through the leather slots hat you can do anything,except change the pos,like 4:00 to 3:00 Dunno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links