Beltman 1st Impressions and Pics

This is a discussion on Beltman 1st Impressions and Pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I just got my first gun belt- a Beltman- I heard they were awesome. So it came at the end of last week ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltman 1st Impressions and Pics

Ok so I just got my first gun belt- a Beltman- I heard they were awesome. So it came at the end of last week and I've tried it out a little. I thought I would post my first impressions and then after a week or so post an update.

Positives:
    1- Very well made
    2- Much nicer looking than I thought- I thought it would scream "gun belt" but it doesn't at all!
    3- Smaller looking than I thought- I got a 1.5" and I thought it would again scream "gun belt". It barely looks bigger than my regular belt.

Not sure:
    1- Stiff as all get out- see the picture below. Of course this is supposed to be a good thing but- I have to really tighten it down to make it so my pants don't fall down

Negatives:
    1- I have a bit of a gut and the buckle rides it a bit- I don't tuck in my shirt so this is more of an issue for me.

Questions:
    Will this break in a bit and be a bit more comfortable?
    Will I get used to the buckle issue?

HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

Yes, the belt feels stiff as a plastic collar at first, but it will "ease up" just enough to wear comfortable and also stand up to weight. I've had two of mine 3 months (everyday use) now and its all good! They are thicker and more robust than any other regular belt on the market, so it takes a bit getting used to. They should always maintain their roundness even when sitting idle, hee-hee!

Side note: I broke them out today for their monthly treatment of Obenauff's wax and Kiwi polish. I hit them with the Obenauf's then with black polish. I wipe all excess with a T-shirt, so it doesn't mark my clothes when wearing, and they are good as new.

Note: According to the website, you are supposed to either microwave the Obenauf's wax or use a hair drier when applying to the leather so the wax melts into the item. Just learned that today! Keep that hair drier far enough away and on low because extreme heat will screw the leather!

We ought to have a Beltman thread for all these Beltman posts!
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

Great looking belt. Don't let your wife see that you took pictures using the unmade bed as a backdrop and posted them on the net. My wife would tear me a new one!

VIP Member
    Nice, congrats on a great gun belt.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on a beautiful belt.

It may "break in" just a little, but remember, it's supposed to be stiff. That's what you're paying for and that's what you need in a gunbelt.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

+1 on the obenauf's...it is great stuff.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sweet looking belt.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but when I first got a real belt it took some getting used to, after all the floppy pseudo-belts I'd been wearing.

I actually found that I needed to buy pants with a 1" longer inseam, because I'd been wearing them just below my waist rather than around my waist. The gun belt made this obvious as I couldn't get it tight without pulling my pants up higher, then it was rock solid and my pants were not going anywhere without me.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Sweet looking belt.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but when I first got a real belt it took some getting used to, after all the floppy pseudo-belts I'd been wearing.

I actually found that I needed to buy pants with a 1" longer inseam, because I'd been wearing them just below my waist rather than around my waist. The gun belt made this obvious as I couldn't get it tight without pulling my pants up higher, then it was rock solid and my pants were not going anywhere without me.
    [I couldn't get it tight without pulling my pants up higher, then it was rock solid and my pants were not going anywhere without me.]

BOY! Do I wish the young folks would wear such belts!
    Sorry Mods for the OT.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    [I couldn't get it tight without pulling my pants up higher, then it was rock solid and my pants were not going anywhere without me.]

BOY! Do I wish the young folks would wear such belts!
    Sorry Mods for the OT.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I offer only a solution for 1" or so low - I can't help with the young folks running around with their pants down around mid-thigh.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I offer only a solution for 1" or so low - I can't help with the young folks running around with their pants down around mid-thigh.
    But you have to admit that they are funny, the way they have to walk and pull up their pants to keep from tripping on them!!
    NRA life member.

I recieved my first Beltman belt this past Friday I must say it is everything that I have read it was. I was so impressed that I ordered a 1.50 X 1.25 Elephant skin that he had pre made and on special in my size. Can't wait til the new one arrives.

It is a great belt and I think you'll get used to wearing it in no time. Enjoy it and congrats!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Both of mine arrived today. I will be "stylin" tomorrow with this belt on.
    ...T. Ray

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    I recieved my first Beltman belt this past Friday I must say it is everything that I have read it was. I was so impressed that I ordered a 1.50 X 1.25 Elephant skin that he had pre made and on special in my size. Can't wait til the new one arrives.
    How long did it take for your belt to arrive? I ordered one a couple weeks ago, and didn't see any projected delivery date, and I am starting to wonder when to expect it.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

1-1.5 months. Each time I ordered.
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links