Compare Kholster to Supertuck?

This is a discussion on Compare Kholster to Supertuck? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the way the Supertuck looks, but I'm also strapped for cash. Has anyone tried he Kholster? Same basic concept as the Supertuck, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compare Kholster to Supertuck?

I like the way the Supertuck looks, but I'm also strapped for cash. Has anyone tried he Kholster? Same basic concept as the Supertuck, but cheaper.

Anyone tried both the Kholster and the Supertuck and like to make a comparison?

Thanks for any input!
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

KHolster is cheap, flimsy leather, not cut away very well so it's hard to grip the gun. The Kydex isn't as well formed too. Local shop has both and there's no comparison.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

crossbreed rock's!! period

I have the Kholster. I got it for 1/2 the price of a Crossbreed. It works and its comfortable. I dont know how much more comfortable the Crossbreed could be since they are basically the same thing.

Jimmy at Kholster recently sent me the new metal clips they are using and I find them uncomfortble compared to the kydex clips it originally came with. The odd shape of the Kholsters leather isnt a problem as a sharpie and some will scissors handle that.

Personally I dont think Crossbreed should charge for a "combat cut" but hey its not my company. If they have the molds for the kydex, it isnt hard to make the combat cut.

The kydex mold Kholster did for my P11 is a tad loose and covers a bit much of the trigger guard. Its not a big issue at all but I cut the kydex down a bit so the trigger guard isnt fully covered.

I talked to Jimmy over at Kholster via email and actually after talking to him I thought he was going to send me a replacement holster since I gave him all of this as a review for his product. He just sent the clips. This is not a point of contention for me as maybe I just misunderstood.

But... one thing about our conversation that bothered me was when I was told they no longer had a P11 mold for the Kholsters and they be shipping with a PPS or whatever mold as they are the same.

Sorry, that turned me off. I want a Kholster made for "my" gun and not some other brand in the hopes it will fit or is the same.

So, having said all of this... I actually at this point do not wear the Kholster as a habit but wear it once in a while at best. I wear OWB holsters from Erik at Side Guard. They conceal just fine with a T-Shirt.

I am going with one of his IWB designs too.

Would I buy another Kholster? Depends. Id have to have a mold for my gun for sure. Would I buy a Crossbreed? Well... I really want to but for me if Im gonna pay $70 + $7.50 + shipping for a Crossbreed I might as well go with a nice leather holster from Erik.

As I said, I'd love to wear a Crossbreed. The many raving reviews tell me its good but they dont tell me its worth the dough over custom leather.

My.02

Hope that helps.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Thank you for the info. Very informative and helpful. I think I'll go with a Super Tuck. If I have to make my own alterations to make it perform better, I'd rather get a Super Tuck.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

SuperTuck is the way to go...you'll be happy.

I just found out they make the Supertuck for my Bersa .380 Thunder Plus so I am ordering two tonight. One for my Taurus .40 24/7 Pro too :)

I love my Kholster I wear it every day Ive had it for about 3 months and 1/2 Im very satisfied I bought two more after that for my other handguns..I did trimed the leather to my liking it took me 5 minutes.. I called Jimmy because I had an issue with one of the screws and the plastic clips and he send me a new set of metal clips and a new holster...great customer service

I got a Spartan from Comp-Tac so I can use the interchangable kydex bodies - I also made my own. Worth checking out.

I honestly wasn't going to say anything here because I don't want to be overly critical or upset anyone, but I bought one of these kholsters and it is NOT a smart option at all. Now before I begin, I want to say that the owner seems like a great guy, he sent the product out extremely quick and for that he should be commended. My problem is that his design is made from extremely cheap and rather terrible material.

As I said, I was not even going to say anything here, but I feel that for anyone who is new to the concealed carry lifestyle, they would be making a serious mistake buying this product from a safety standpoint and possibly from a legal standpoint. Safety, this holster can and will break over time. The screws used to hold the holster together are WRONG. It will, over time rub against the cheap leather and break. Mine, that has not even been used once, already has stress marks at the screw points. This of course is a safety issue because when your gun falls out, it can be taken or it could accidentally go off. Secondly, if your gun falls off or out, lets say in a store, what do you think people are gonna do when they see it?

Final points and a recap, this holster is cheap and not made well at all. It would be a horrible mistake to trust your life, gun, license and freedom from jail or fines to carry this contraption. Again, I think the owner is a great guy and probably even has the best intentions in my mind, but this holster is a mistake and it should be avoided. Save up your pennies and buy a quality product and be safe out there.

EW3
    I've never honestly heard of the Kholster, but I looked at the website and it looks like a cheap knock-off of a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I have 2 Supertucks and love them. My vote goes for the Crossbreed!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

You won't be disappointed with the Supertuck and a good gun belt.

Hello all,

First time poster here throwing in his own opinion - even though nobody asked.

I actually came across the Kholster through a Google search that led me to this forum about a month or so back.

I carried outside the waistband and rarely thought about an IWB. The one popular and highly rated IWB I tried cost me near $100 and the holster edge rubbed against the slide release of my PX4 and it annoyed and unnerved me.

Anyway, back in December I picked up a Springfield XD9 subcompact and I though it would be nicer if I could carry the thing IWB. I was about to order another highly regarded holster when the aforementioned Google search led me to the Kholster.

Personally, I think the holster is fantastic. I eventually ordered one for my Beretta and one for my 1911 and I can't believe how well they conceal. Thank goodness. No more un-tucked shirts.

There's one thing I wish to stress though. This is one of those items in the category where price does not equate to quality.

I have a five year old G-Shock watch that I paid $50 for that keeps spectacular time. Every night it synchronizes itself to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado so I can always count on it to be accurate. I also have a watch box full of mechanical German made Stowa watches that I purchased over the years - at prices far higher than the G-Shock - that keep time considerably less accurately.

In all honesty, I have to admit that the Stowas do no more than appease my vanity. The Stowas are beautiful watches. I think the most beautiful watches ever made. But, when you get right down to it, the Casios, the Timex's, the Hamiltons all do the same job, maybe even better, than the Breitlings, the Rolex's, the Omegas, and yes even the Stowas.

That being said, I wouldn't let the lower price of the Kholster impress you that it is of a sub par quality. I've only tried one other IWB holster but I've got to say that I'm completely pleased with the Kholster.

I guess it's all going to boil down to Bud vs Miller. Steak vs Chicken Blondes vs Redheads.

That would be all good and well but Jimmy is gonna have to get some molds. I would have ordered another but alas, no Keltec P11 mold.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by Lonetime View Post
    Hello all,

First time poster here throwing in his own opinion - even though nobody asked.

I actually came across the Kholster through a Google search that led me to this forum about a month or so back.

I carried outside the waistband and rarely thought about an IWB. The one popular and highly rated IWB I tried cost me near $100 and the holster edge rubbed against the slide release of my PX4 and it annoyed and unnerved me.

Anyway, back in December I picked up a Springfield XD9 subcompact and I though it would be nicer if I could carry the thing IWB. I was about to order another highly regarded holster when the aforementioned Google search led me to the Kholster.

Personally, I think the holster is fantastic. I eventually ordered one for my Beretta and one for my 1911 and I can't believe how well they conceal. Thank goodness. No more un-tucked shirts.

There's one thing I wish to stress though. This is one of those items in the category where price does not equate to quality.

I have a five year old G-Shock watch that I paid $50 for that keeps spectacular time. Every night it synchronizes itself to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado so I can always count on it to be accurate. I also have a watch box full of mechanical German made Stowa watches that I purchased over the years - at prices far higher than the G-Shock - that keep time considerably less accurately.

In all honesty, I have to admit that the Stowas do no more than appease my vanity. The Stowas are beautiful watches. I think the most beautiful watches ever made. But, when you get right down to it, the Casios, the Timex's, the Hamiltons all do the same job, maybe even better, than the Breitlings, the Rolex's, the Omegas, and yes even the Stowas.

That being said, I wouldn't let the lower price of the Kholster impress you that it is of a sub par quality. I've only tried one other IWB holster but I've got to say that I'm completely pleased with the Kholster.

I guess it's all going to boil down to Bud vs Miller. Steak vs Chicken Blondes vs Redheads.
    I hate to come back and say anything but, the kholster is NOT good quality. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. The "leather" is garbage, the way it is put together is garbage. If you want a cheap, terribly made holster then by all means buy this thing. Once again, I am not interested in bashing the owner or anyone for that matter, but for the sake of safety and the sake of you (the person thinking about buying this) you need to know that this holster is NOT a quality product. I don't know why or even how, anyone who has one of these could ever call this a quality product.

Once again, don't take my word for it, if you think you need one, buy one. Buy 10 of them for all I care, but once you do, you will see that there is nothing but cheap leather, a non fitting "cheap plastic" not kydex holster and horrible workmanship.

I just can't sit here and allow people to make a mistake like this.

Horrible product

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links