Blade-tech IWB Holster - Good or bad?

This is a discussion on Blade-tech IWB Holster - Good or bad? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking to purchase the Blade-tech IWB Holster for my Glock 19. I've got a Galco FLETCH OWB which is nice but I'd like something ...

Thread: Blade-tech IWB Holster - Good or bad?

Blade-tech IWB Holster - Good or bad?

I'm looking to purchase the Blade-tech IWB Holster for my Glock 19. I've got a Galco FLETCH OWB which is nice but I'd like something more concealable.

I'm talking about the plain generic-sounding Blade-tech IWB and not the UCH (Ultimate Concealment Holster) nor the Nano IWB.

Here's a link to the holster I'm talking about: In the Waistband IWB (IDPA APPROVED) :: Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries I will probably get the Pull the Dots (PDS) loop style.

Does anyone have this holster and recommend it? Or if you've had a bad experience with it, I'd like to know too.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I have used a B/T IWB UCH for years and it is quite concealable. This is not the same one you mentioned but it does fit the highly concealable requirement. It is tuckable, not sure about the one on the link.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

The holster your asking about has been around a while now, and seemed to be one of the benchmark kydex products for a period of time. I have one, relied on it for years, and ultimately moved from it, preferring leather IWB holsters.
    God, country, family.

Thumbs up

I have both the Blade Tech standard and the UCH for my P7s, and find I use them more than my leather VMII.
    YMMV
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

I own a "Generic," BT holster for a 1911 and a Nano for a Glock G30sf, which is pretty close to the G19. They are both excellent, but I prefer the Nano. the straps are a little more widely spaced which makes a big difference in keeping the butt-heavy G30 stable. A little thinner Kydex makes an already thick gun a little easier to stuff in there. BT has a 20% off sale going on now, which brings the price of the Nano down close to that of the one-size-fits-all you are looking at.

The Baldetech IWB with pull dot loops is an excellent CCW holster

Mike

I've got 'em for my 1911 and XD. It's a fine holster and I've carried the 1911 one for about 7 years. I've used them in IDPA, too, since they're my usual carry holsters. Leather may spread the pressure from the pistol oh your hip a little better. I have no complaints with the Blade-Tech IWB.
    Still Clingin'

I wish I could tell you but its been a week and I have not received mine yet........

wpk
    I picked up an ultra-concealment holster for my cw9 and didn't care for it. Went with the MTAC instead.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by portable75 View Post
    I wish I could tell you but its been a week and I have not received mine yet........
    From the Blade tech website:

We have ramp up our production on certain holster models so we can have product available for quick shipment. These holsters in this category should ship within 5 to 7 working* days from the time your order is processed.

If it is not a standard item they are running about three weeks. Patience my friend!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

I have a BladeTech IWB holster for my compact Steyr pistol and would gladly recommend it...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I have a NANO for my USpc45 - I got it about 3 months ago - I love the holster.

I want another for my Beretta 92FS - unfortunately, they do not make the NANO for the Beretta - so I will have to try the IWB.

Thanks everyone - that helped make up my mind. I ordered the holster and will report back once I get a chance to try it out.

Thumbs up on the Blade-tech IWB. I've never had a kydex holster before and it is pretty comfortable. I like how the Glock 19 clicks into it so it has some decent retention that way. Leather holsters you slide into so it is a different but positive feeling.

It definitely conceals MUCH better than a Galco FLETCH (OWB) that I had been using. The loops look like they're adjustable for different belt widths. They go on pretty easily and they snap like buttons. There's two screws to adjust the tension. To sum it up, I'm pretty happy with it and I like carrying IWB. It is easily concealable but also easy to reach your gun.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by louie19 View Post
    I'm looking to purchase the Blade-tech IWB Holster for my Glock 19. I've got a Galco FLETCH OWB which is nice but I'd like something more concealable.

I'm talking about the plain generic-sounding Blade-tech IWB and not the UCH (Ultimate Concealment Holster) nor the Nano IWB.

Here's a link to the holster I'm talking about: In the Waistband IWB (IDPA APPROVED) :: Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries I will probably get the Pull the Dots (PDS) loop style.

Does anyone have this holster and recommend it? Or if you've had a bad experience with it, I'd like to know too.

Thanks!
    I've been using that holster for my 19 for a few years and with a 23 a couple of years before that. It's a good holster. It's basically a kydex version of the Summer Special. I did sand down some of the high spots on the back of the holster to make it more comfortable.

Links