Question for you "suits"

Question for you "suits"

This is a discussion on Question for you "suits" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you IWB tuckable carry or in a holster T-Shirt with a suit on? I have worn IWB tuckable in a Tucker "coverup" and still ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for you "suits"

Question for you "suits"

Do you IWB tuckable carry or in a holster T-Shirt with a suit on? I have worn IWB tuckable in a Tucker "coverup" and still feel like it is a matter of time before I get "made". Can't stand ankle carry. I think the 5.11 or Undercomfort T-Shirt holsters would be just what the Dr. ordered, since you can leave the middle button undone behind a tie.

Thoughts and preferenaces?

Thanks!

BJC
    I'm in a suit at least three times a week. I use this holster (Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster) for the times I'm in a suit or even a shirt and tie - no jacket. Has worked great with no complaints. One suggestion, non white colored shirts work best.

BJC

JD
    Administrator
    I just wear a normal IWB with a suit. Can't remember the last time I took the suit coat off to go to shirt sleeves and tie.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by semostickbow View Post
    Do you IWB tuckable carry or in a holster T-Shirt with a suit on? I have worn IWB tuckable in a Tucker "coverup" and still feel like it is a matter of time before I get "made". Can't stand ankle carry. I think the 5.11 or Undercomfort T-Shirt holsters would be just what the Dr. ordered, since you can leave the middle button undone behind a tie.

Thoughts and preferenaces?

Thanks!
    For me, neither, I pocket holster carry my P3AT as I rarely keep my coat on all day. Though, the P3AT is only .380 I am more comfortable with the quick access afforded by pocket carry versus the advantage of a major caliber handgun that is ackward to draw from concealment.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I just wear a normal IWB with a suit. Can't remember the last time I took the suit coat off to go to shirt sleeves and tie.
    Same here. Usually a Max Con V, untucked. If I will be taking my jacket off, I may go with pocket carry or a smart carry.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I have been carrying tuckable IWB's for about 2 years now and have never had trouble. I carry a Glock 27 which is pretty thick. I wear a shirt and tie to work and church and have never been made. Sometimes I wonder if anyone can see a print, but even if they did see a print would they know what they were actually looking at? Probably not. I would be a little hesitant about t-shirt holsters due to accessibility issues. Stick with the tuckable holsters. I just ordered a Tucker 'Silent Thunder' and that should definitely help slim down my bump on my hip.
    Exercise your 2nd Amendment Right, buy a gun.
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org

IWB/tucked (usually a crossbreed supertuck) or smart-carry.

The decision between these two choices is based on the likelihood of personal contact. The supertuck is 'everyday business' where contact is limited and the smart carry is for business/formal events like fundraisers where there's a strong chance of having a photo op of several people with their arms around each other.
    Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude - Frederick Douglass

The few times anymore I have to dress up, instead of my EDC (avatar), it's a Kahr PM9 in pants pocket or inside coat pocket.

I never had much luck tucking even the Kahr, let alone a thick gun like my XD.

- OS

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I'm a suit and tie guy during the week. Either a K&D Dakota Defender or MTAC both w/velcro clips work well with my PM9. I have one of those Deep Concealment Shoulder Holsters that would probably work if I bought the right size and if my belly wasn't so big (it's FS BTW). Pocket carry is still my preferred way of carrying the PM9 and I have a few options there as well as a new FIST K5 on the way. Oh, I bought a couple of the 5.11 undershirts (w/slots) from a fellow member here and they work well but getting to your gun is tricky. I imagine that some quick release buttons on your dress shirts in the right places would make it work better.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I don't do suits but I do shirt, tie, and sport coat. Tuckable IWB holster and having your coat taylored to your gun is important. I have one coat that was fitted without my gun and it prints badly. My other coat was fitted while wearing my IWB and G27 and I am extreamly confortable with that one.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I wear a suit some days and days that the suit doesn't make it, I'm wearing a tie and button up shirt. To me there is only one option when your attire is similar to mine and that is a shoulder holster. I use a kangaroo holster and carry a Bersa Firestorm .380 It conceals very well, and is reasonably comfortable. Your just leave the 3rd shirt button undone and sew it to the shirt so it looks buttoned. Then you have quick and easy access to your weapon with no printing, waistline bulges, or bathroom accidents to worry about.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Pocket carry always work. Smartcarry works also for larger guns. That would be my two choices.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I wear a suit and tie to work every weekday and have found the Crossbreed SuperTuck to work very well. I wear it tucked with the velcro clips and am able to take my coat off with no one detecting that I am carrying. I carry a Commander size 1911 in this holster and have found the setup to very comfortable.

I am in a suit frequently, and what's worse, my industry is full of hugging (lots of women) Smartcarry is the only way I can be sure not to be made.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

It varies by scenario. OWB, IWB, IWB Tucked. Usually one of the two latter options. The last time I was in a suit I had to go to court, and I wore OWB to facilitate a quick check-in and check-out of my weapon (I'm a civilian so I can't get past the front checkpoint with it).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links