Need suggestions from you 1911 carriers out there on Holsters..

This is a discussion on Need suggestions from you 1911 carriers out there on Holsters.. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a new Colt Commander yesterday. I tell ya guys I think im in love...lol. Im just starting to understand a little of what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought a new Colt Commander yesterday. I tell ya guys I think im in love...lol.
    Im just starting to understand a little of what Ive been reading from all you guys that have them and why you rave about them.
    Over the so called (Tupperware guns), which I own 2 myself, and I would never get rid of either one. (Glock27,S&W M&P 40fs),
    I dont know if my Beretta Tomcat is all Polymer or not, but just to hold this gun is unbelievable, so heavy, 4 1/4 barrel 45 acp,
    I havent even put a round through it yet & Im too excited to shoot it...lol.
    I got my Free range use card, for a day with it at the gun store, Guns & Leather, all you guys in Tennessee know of this place.
    Im going to take it and put a couple of hundred rounds through it tomorrow (cant wait) ill have to read, all you guys posts on here about the 1911 stuff, locked and cocked, and all that stuff now.
    Then ill know more of how to carry it and care for it.
    Im gonna have this one buried with me right now the problem is, I had ordered a new holster from K&D for my M&P 40 fs,cI called Kevin this Morning, Talked to Cindy (Kevins Lady) and asked her to make the Thunderbird Defender, to fit the Colt instead, she said no problem but, I wont get that holster for 4 months
    I need a decent holster. that I can buy online, that is a stock order, so I can get it in a week or so.
    I want an IWB holster. Im dying. ~ I have this great gun and dont even have a holster to carry it in.
    That is until I get the one from K&D in about 4 or 5 months.
    Do any of you 1911 guys out there have any suggestions???
    I know all of you proabbly have custom holsters for yours but, you had to wait like Im having to do now.
    So what did you use while you waited? Thanks for any help.....

sorry forgot the pics,heres a few,besides the Colt,also are my S&W M&P 40fs and Glock 27 40cal. Crimson Trace Laser Grips on the Clock and M&P.
    Attached Images

Look up Andrews Leather. He usually has the McDaniel II in stock. A great IWB holster that is "custom" w/o the wait. It works really well and is pretty comfy!

Lightning Arms ususally has some Milt Sparks VMIIs in stock.
    Lightning Arms Sports
    NRA life member.

My Kimbers all have holsters from Tucker Gunleather. Two HF1s with matching gunbelt and double mag pouch, and an Answer, plus a tuckable IWB mag pouch.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Brownells stocks the Sparks Summer Special for all 1911s and at approx $65 it is one of the best bargains in IWB leather available. Highlly recommend it and if for some reason you don't like, you'll be able to sell it quickly!

I've got the same Commander on layaway at Specialty Arms II in LaVergne, it might be coming home next week. I'm currently carrying a Nighthawk T3 (Commander slide w/ Officer's frame) and love it. The Colt might be replacing it as my primary carry if it tests out okay, I haven't fully decided yet though.

When I brought the Nighthawk home I immediately called Coal Creek Armory for a Brommeland MaxCon V, my favorite holster by far. It's a fast, convenient way to get a Brommeland holster but they charge a slight premium over ordering direct AND, since they're in East TN, they charge sales tax.

Depending on what holster you want, you might be able to get one quickly. Lightning Arms stocks some models from Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi and Matt DelFatti as well a Galco. They charge a small premium for the service and they're unbelievably fast in getting the gear to you if they have it in stock. My last order was in my hands two days after I called in the order. Craig and Audrey Chadwick are two of the best, friendliest people you'll ever deal with too.

BTW, the 'smith at Guns & Leather is a genius with 1911s if you need any work done. He's worked on my guns and he's who I'll continue to use.
    Jack

Check out the versatility of these...
    Pure Kustom Holsters main page
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    I use a Galco Concealable until my VM-II IWB holster arrives... that way I have a good OWB holster as well.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Check out Mitch Rosen's "express line" - top quality and usually in stock for popular guns like the 1911. Also, Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters "Summer Heat" - usually decent delivery time as well.

I am breaking in a Rhome Desbien made pancake with Sharkskin trim for my Defender even as we speak. Arrived yesterday. He was about two or three weeks wait when I ordered it built. Very nice holster so far. I got it last night and let the Defender stretch in it overnight. And its was now time to belt it up this morning and wear it around to get the loops loosened up and the form to the waist started. That all takes about a week or two.

I will snap some shots of it tonight for you. Check back later this evening.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/

Looks like this but only imagine a Colt Defender made model...

TN MITCH

Go on line and look @ Galco Summer Comfort IWB #SUM424B or OWB #CON424B.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I have a High Noon Public Secret. I have had it for about a week. It is quite comfortable and they are an in stock item. It took less than a week to recieve it.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

The lighting when I got home was not ideal but here is a picture of the Desbien OWB with Shark skin trim I am breaking in. That is a Colt Defender in it.

There was a little bit of better sunlight on the car porch but not a great background bu there it is anyway

Check out midwayusa.com. They have hundreds of holsters and ship really fast.
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links