Little Bear Mag/Light Holder

This is a discussion on Little Bear Mag/Light Holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My box from Little Bear Holsters arrived this past week - in it was my new magazine/light holder. Up until this point I had been ...

Thread: Little Bear Mag/Light Holder

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar

Little Bear Mag/Light Holder

My box from Little Bear Holsters arrived this past week - in it was my new magazine/light holder. Up until this point I had been using a leatherman style holster for my spare mag and a kydex creation from Rocky for the light. Both of which worked good, but I had a habbit of turning on my light while lounging on the couch and the mag holder hung far enough below the belt that it would occassionally get caught on things... So I ordered up what I was looking for from Dave @ Little Bear. I had the item within 2 weeks - so turn around is great.

Originally I had requested that it be a deep dark red (like a Black Cherry color, just less purple and more Oxblood red) with contrast black stitching. What I ended up with is a little more brown (the unit is more brown than it looks in this picture), but I like it. The finish isn't 100% uniform, but I think I really like that about it - it makes it unique and I think it looks good. There are a few spots where the dye didn't take for some reason (Dave mentioned glue), but they're all on the back or behind the belt when it's worn, so they don't bother me.

It fits great and really holds both the light and the magazine in tight. My wife used to joke that no one would know I was carrying a gun, but everyone knew I had a flashlight - now you can't see either. My Surefire G2 and 1911 mag fit tight enough to hold them, but are quick to release... This set up is much more comfortable than what I had previously.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's some pics... not many as I've got my beautiful 2 year old daughter all day today... and I can't sit around taking pictures (well, pictures that aren't of here anyway)...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Looks good!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Is that rust or dye on the rivets? The dye sure didn't take even did it. I am a woodworker and know we use a sealer before applying stain, not sure if the same is true for leather or not.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    It's dye. The dye is definitely not smooth and even. Like I said though, it's an odd, pleasing texture to the dye/finish.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Links