Which holster would you suggest?

This is a discussion on Which holster would you suggest? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Twincarry, We're close to the same size as I am 5' 11", 200 lbs with a 37" waist. Sounds like I would do good with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which holster would you suggest?

Twincarry,

We're close to the same size as I am 5' 11", 200 lbs with a 37" waist. Sounds like I would do good with either a M-TAC or a Super Tuck. But I think I'm going to try the M-TAC as soon as I get the money up.

ZO6Vetter,

Thinking about trying one of the Kholsters for my Glock26.

Sportersterguy,

A HBE DC tuckable would be really nice, as I love the all leather design. But just can't spend the $100+ for it right now maybe down the road . It really does seem like a very nice holster.

2. Remove Ads

TwinCarry did a great job of comparing but there is one other point I would like to mention. I wanted to try the M-TAC for a new gun I had and to compare against my Crossbreed. I ordered the M-TAC late in the afternoon but then had second thoughts about it. The next morning as soon as Comp Tac opened I called to cancel the order and was promptly docked $20. They stated that even though the holster was not scheduled for production the paperwork on the order was processed. According to their web site the fee should only apply to orders "In Production". I guess as soon as they receive an order they consider it in production. If they can give a free 30 day trial less shipping and handling why charge for an order that was cancelled in less than 24 hours? Anyway I learned by my mistakes.
    I do not think you would find Mark at Crossbreed pull a stunt like that. I did order several holsters from Mark after the CompTac fiasco, each holster was delivered within 7 days of placing the order. My own personal opinion is that Crossbreed is the better company.

Do remember that Kydex will scratch your 1911's finish pretty good at least until it wears down at the high spots.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

MTAC for sure !!!

I guess the main difference between the two is the ability to change out bodies for different pistols. Course would probably be easier to just get separate holsters. Looking at the pictures above the SuperTuck has as many adjustment holes as the MTAC.

Other than that they appear to be almost identical to me. I realize the kydex will more than likely be rough on the finish but the finish is nothing to write home about anyway. Maybe Comp-Tac needs to come out with a Silent MTAC.

The thing about kydex is it is cheaper than the leather counter parts. May just have to bite the bullet and get all leather rig. I do like the look of the tuckable HDE DC Special.
    Just going to depend on how much money I can come up with for the holster, as I'd like to get one for my Glock 26 also. That way I could alter carry as needed.

I still think I'm leaning between the two, MTAC and Supertuck.

I never would of thought that choosing a holster would be so hard much less realize that there are so many choices out there.

Twincarry,

the Crossbreed Supertuck in your picture above , did it come with the multi hole belt clips?

Reason I ask is on the Crossbreed website they show different clips that don't have adjusting holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Twincarry,

the Crossbreed Supertuck in your picture above , did it come with the multi hole belt clips?

Reason I ask is on the Crossbreed website they show different clips that don't have adjusting holes.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I forgot that those clips on my Crossbreed SuperTuck are the new style clips I ordered from CompTac. I like these new style clips better than the old ones. Go to CompTac's website and it has an explantion on why they are better.
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    I guess the main difference between the two is the ability to change out bodies for different pistols. Course would probably be easier to just get separate holsters. Looking at the pictures above the SuperTuck has as many adjustment holes as the MTAC.

Other than that they appear to be almost identical to me. I realize the kydex will more than likely be rough on the finish but the finish is nothing to write home about anyway. Maybe Comp-Tac needs to come out with a Silent MTAC.

The thing about kydex is it is cheaper than the leather counter parts. May just have to bite the bullet and get all leather rig. I do like the look of the tuckable HDE DC Special.
    Just going to depend on how much money I can come up with for the holster, as I'd like to get one for my Glock 26 also. That way I could alter carry as needed.

I still think I'm leaning between the two, MTAC and Supertuck.

I never would of thought that choosing a holster would be so hard much less realize that there are so many choices out there.
    I have a DC special ordered for my new Colt Commander,no way im gonna stick that babe in a kydex holster to get all scratched up.I have a Black Hawk serpa CQC for my Glock 27 and my M&P 40 fs,All the rest of my holsters are Leather,I guess its just a personal choice.... but Id go with the MTAC if I didnt get the DC special IMO

Supertuck would be my choice for your requirements.

Ok lets up the anty just a bit.

Lets say I have $150 to spend on a holster for my RIA 1911A1 full size. I need on that I can conceal as I'd like this to be my carry gun. Would you guys still go with the recommendations given already or is there another one that you'd suggest?

Requirements:

Leather or Kydex
    IWB
    Tuckable

So far where I'm sitting at is a hard decision between the Crossbreed SuperTuck and the MTAC. And between the hybrids I'm leaning toward the MTAC right now. WOuld be nice if either offered a leather lined version like the Tucker Silent Thunder, as I'd be sold.

If I get lucky I'll have just a little bit to spend from tax return. I have to get a good holster for my 1911A1, belt, and a good holster for my Glock 26.

I'm with TwinCarry on the M-TAC if I have to chose from your list. If I didn't have to choose. I'd take Sportsterguy's suggestion and go with HBE's DC Special.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links