Beltman experience

Beltman experience

This is a discussion on Beltman experience within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my 1 1/2" bullhide belt with the internal stiffener 2 days ago. It is a very nice piece and will certainly be a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltman experience

Beltman experience

Just got my 1 1/2" bullhide belt with the internal stiffener 2 days ago. It is a very nice piece and will certainly be a great foundation for any pistol that I carry. I know it's going to last for years and years and this is what I bought it for. There is one minor complaint that I have though. The website states 30 days for their turnaround. It took exactly 7 weeks to get mine. Wish I could understand why companies in the "leather business" just can't meet their deadlines all the time. Hey, I'm fine if you tell me it's going to be 5 months before you can finish my item but get it done in that time period. Seems like you would want to get the item done faster to make you look good. Crossbreed holsters did this very thing. Had my holster in a week. Many people don't mind waiting but I just like to be told upfront the exact time period, you know? Anyway, the belt is very nice and I can't knock the product at all.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Does anyone have any experience with D.M. Bullard 1 1/2" belts? Looking to buy a brown belt too and saw that his turnaround is only about 2 weeks and the pictures of his work look very nice. Can anyone compare these belts to some of the other "belt makers"? Thanks for the help in advance guys!!!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    Just got my 1 1/2" bullhide belt with the internal stiffener 2 days ago. It is a very nice piece and will certainly be a great foundation for any pistol that I carry. I know it's going to last for years and years and this is what I bought it for. There is one minor complaint that I have though. The website states 30 days for their turnaround. It took exactly 7 weeks to get mine. Wish I could understand why companies in the "leather business" just can't meet their deadlines all the time. Hey, I'm fine if you tell me it's going to be 5 months before you can finish my item but get it done in that time period. Seems like you would want to get the item done faster to make you look good. Crossbreed holsters did this very thing. Had my holster in a week. Many people don't mind waiting but I just like to be told upfront the exact time period, you know? Anyway, the belt is very nice and I can't knock the product at all.
    Allen, no offense and no knock on the Supertuck, but do you think it might take just a little longer to make some products than it does to make others? For example, I would think it would take much more time to produce something like a VMII than it would a Supertuck?
    These guys are in business and I'm sure that if they could make them faster, with the same quality,and sell more, they would. I would also guess that with the huge increase in demand for everything firearm related these days, that it is difficult to predict exact timing.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    Allen, no offense and no knock on the Supertuck, but do you think it might take just a little longer to make some products than it does to make others? For example, I would think it would take much more time to produce something like a VMII than it would a Supertuck?
    These guys are in business and I'm sure that if they could make them faster, with the same quality,and sell more, they would. I would also guess that with the huge increase in demand for everything firearm related these days, that it is difficult to predict exact timing.
    Oh, I know exactly what you mean. No doubt that a VMII would take longer to create but Sparks allows himself plenty of time and from what I can tell is right on with his time tables. That's all that I was saying. Have an order in with TT Gunleather for a flashlight/mag holder combo and know that it can take 16 weeks for it... perfectly fine by me as long as it's completed by then. Sorry, just kind of a pet peave of mine. A guy has to rant sometimes, right? ha! Thanks
    Allen

Distinguished Member
    It took almost 8 weeks to get mine from The Beltman, and 11 weeks from Rafter.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I ordered a belt from the beltman a week ago and they told me on the phone that they were looking at a 6 week backlog. They were very honest and upfront about the wait time with me.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Lots of custom shops are one man operations, that's why it takes so long sometimes, then add demand of product to the equasion and the results are backed up.

Someone posts a pic of a rig here and all of a sudden the holster maker has 10 new orders to fill. JMHO
    "Hollow Points,-For Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

Does anyone have any experience with D.M. Bullard 1 1/2" belts? Looking to buy a brown belt too and saw that his turnaround is only about 2 weeks and the pictures of his work look very nice. Can anyone compare these belts to some of the other "belt makers"? Thanks for the help in advance guys!!!
    I just got my Bullard 1 1/2" Belt yesterday. It took about three weeks to get the belt, mag carrier, and two holsters.

I can't compare it to others, since it is my first belt, but the quality and appearance look to be first rate. I can definetely recommend his work, and will purchase more things from him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimcrew View Post
    I just got my Bullard 1 1/2" Belt yesterday. It took about three weeks to get the belt, mag carrier, and two holsters.

I can't compare it to others, since it is my first belt, but the quality and appearance look to be first rate. I can definetely recommend his work, and will purchase more things from him in the future.
    Thanks guys for your input! Rimcrew I do believe I'm going to give one of the Bullard belts a try. Kinda like trying different makers to get a real view of what's out there, you know? Have given El Paso Saddlery, Dillon Precision (before they went with Mitch Rosen for their leather needs), and of course Beltman a try thus far. Gotta say that Dillon's was hard to beat considering they had theirs in stock and ready to go. Have been wearing it daily for probably 6 years and it's still going strong. Just throw some shoe polish on it every once in awhile. I like the 7 hole option on belts. It lets me get it adjusted to just the right feel no matter what I'm carrying. Thanks again!
    Allen

I got my first Beltman a week ago this past friday and ordered another that same day they are an absolute masterpice. A good belt is the essential foundation for concealed carry.

I like the 7 hole option on belts.
    The Bullard is a seven hole setup. You will really like it!

I agree- I don't care how long it takes- just be up front. Beltman said 4 weeks it took 6 :( On the other hand Crossbreed says 2 weeks and I got mine in 1 :)
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I ordered a 1 1/2 inch belt from Bullard on 1/22/09. He shipped it on 2/2/09 (Priority Mail, I think it got here on 2/4/09). Very nice sturdy belt. Price was great too ($59.95 including shipping). The holster and mag holder I ordered from him 8 months earlier were shipped the day after I ordered (obviously in stock).

I can't compare it to any other leather gun belt, I've been using a Wilderness Instructor Belt. My next belt will probably be from the Beltman (want to try a few different, I like variety).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I have 4 holsters and a belt from Bullard. Good stuff and as fast as anybody. Also have a belt on order from the Beltman. And a holster and belt from Milt Sparks. And a belt and 2 holsters on order from K&D. I got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddyoh View Post
    I got a problem.
    You're not alone brother...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links