Keltec p3at question

This is a discussion on Keltec p3at question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Hume 001 is one of the best I have tried. The hook design makes it easy to draw the gun and leave the holster ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keltec p3at question

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    The Hume 001 is one of the best I have tried. The hook design makes it easy to draw the gun and leave the holster in your pocket. Some pocket holsters without the hook come out with gun.
    001 [001] - $35.00 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Remove Ads

The wing on the holster is a big component of it not being able to slide out of the pockets. I really have to try hard to pull it out. It's really this and type of pocket you have it in. I wear mostly Dickie work pants, and their pockets are really conductive to fast draw IMO. Plus the wing of the holster allows me to place a finger on top of it while in the pocket to alllow me to "push" the holster off the gun as I draw it.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I forgot the best part. You can walk around with your hand already on it if need be! People think you're just playing pocket pool :).

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Carried mine with the belt clip attachment, butt forward in my left pocket. At a glance it just looks like I'm carrying a pocket knife. My real knife is at the same position in my right pocket. It's like hiding it in plain sight.
    All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.

How would you quickly access it in that position? I won't comment on the safety as I don't have any experience with that gun or carry configuration. But is seems that carrying it backwards in you weak-side pocket would be awkward at best when trying to draw.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    I have one of these. It's my first leather holster. How did you get this to provide you with a smooth reliable draw with the holster staying in your pocket. I was under the impression that it came fitted to the P3AT/LCP with LaseGuard, so I'm confused.
    I finally just stuck the LCP in the holster and both into my pants pocket while around the house for the last few days. Somehow the fit is much better now. I can draw without the holster coming with it.

Since I'm not familiar with leather I don't know whether the improved fit is attributable to the leather taking on a set from being deformed for a long period of time, or my body heat helped it along. And I don't know if it will reset if I don't wear it for a while.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Not sure of the "going rate" (looks like they've gone up a bit though!), but here's a whole page of them on GunBroker. Click here. (ETA Note: Search results wouldn't show. You will need to type P3AT in search box). If nothing else, this will give you a good idea what they are selling for. If you find a deal you like, have it transferred to a local FFL for a minimal fee. That's how I buy most of mine these days.
    Just now saw this reply to me!

I'm been keeping an eye on them on gunbroker for a while now. I just can't seem to get myself to pay as much as they are going for now, when I know what they cost just a short time ago. I know I might not have a choice, but I'm stubborn. I'm going to keep an eye out locally for a little while longer and see if I get lucky.

-Jeff-

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    Just now saw this reply to me!

I'm been keeping an eye on them on gunbroker for a while now. I just can't seem to get myself to pay as much as they are going for now, when I know what they cost just a short time ago. I know I might not have a choice, but I'm stubborn. I'm going to keep an eye out locally for a little while longer and see if I get lucky.

-Jeff-
    GunBroker.com has a nice feature to help you decide if it's worth hanging around. From the same screen where you view current auctions, you can search closed auctions. Check the closed auctions lists for actual sales, not just auctions that have expired. You can look at various periods. I usually choose 30 days. Now you know what people are actually paying. It may take a while for the item to come up in a new auction at your price. I've purchased several items that way included my LCP. Your patience will be rewarded.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Understood also. I did the "hide and watch" bit hunting my PM9. Found on Gunbroker, NIB, DLC slide and night sights for $650, that was around $50 cheaper than the going rate. Took a month or so to find.

Best of luck (gotta watch closely, they'll go fast at the right price).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the input guys. I've been checking gunbroker at least once a day, hoping to get lucky. Someone in another thread said they got a new LCP for $275 shipped. Either he's full of crap, or he got as lucky as I've been hoping to get...

The Nemesis works well when I feel I must tote the P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You want concealed?

Search out Fist holsters through the 'Related Links' above.
    Find the #5A kydex pocket holster with the 'thumb push'...it's the perfect pocket holster.

Stay armed...keep it hidden...stay safe!
    A huge +1 to this! Never a better pocket holster made IMHO. Until you've used the thumb push you just can't understand. Allows you to free your firearm completely from the holster BEFORE you even start to draw. No need to worry about catching the holster on the corner of your pocket or relying on a sticky coating to keep the holster from moving. My #5 is leather (they offer it in leather and kydex) and it has been serving me well. Great holster all around.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    The Hume 001 is one of the best I have tried. The hook design makes it easy to draw the gun and leave the holster in your pocket. Some pocket holsters without the hook come out with gun.
    001 [001] - $35.00 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I agree. Fits well in my pocket and feels quiet good after a week or so of use. I carry the LCP, but the farme is very similar to the P3AT.

Just received 2 holsters for my keltec p3at the other day one is the nemesis and the other is the js holster. I carry the p3at every day and I wear many different types of clothing. The nemeisis holster works ok as a front pocket carry but sucks as a backpocket as it looks and prints like you have a gun in a holster (did the modeling for my wife and everytime I bent you could def tell) The js holster does not look as pretty but totally conceales the weapon and looks just like a wallet Im very satisfied with it. (in my opinion of course)
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    The Nemesis works well when I feel I must tote the P3AT

where did you find the sb ammo? been looking for some for a long time.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links