What to do?

This is a discussion on What to do? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a 5" 1911 and need a holster for it. I already have an MTAC for my Glock 19. Should I buy a ...

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

I just bought a 5" 1911 and need a holster for it. I already have an MTAC for my Glock 19. Should I buy a 1911 body for the MTAC or buy leather? I checked the holster pic thread at 1911forum.com and didn't see very many MTACs on there, mainly leather. I really like having adjustable cant, but not many of the leather holsters I've looked at have it. Just looking for some opinions on what to do.

2. Remove Ads

Whatever works, but I prefer nice leather for those 1911s.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    I just bought a 5" 1911 and need a holster for it. I already have an MTAC for my Glock 19. Should I buy a 1911 body for the MTAC or buy leather? I checked the holster pic thread at 1911forum.com and didn't see very many MTACs on there, mainly leather. I really like having adjustable cant, but not many of the leather holsters I've looked at have it. Just looking for some opinions on what to do.
    My holster have adjustable cant and ride height.

VIP Member
    It's really up to you... what difference does it make what someone else likes?

I think leather is the only way to go... my holster of choice for all of my 1911s is a VersaMax-II.

Pure Custom makes an adjustable cant leather holster.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

+1 on the leather LOKS GOOD AT THE BBQ

So, I went with a Supertuck, with the NRA discount, and bought a new Bianchi belt (needed a black one) all for under $100. I will eventually buy a leather holster for both the Glock and the 1911. Been wanting to try out the Supertuck forever anyway.

Dude, take a breath and access before you pull the trigger on these buys of yours, because I then see your follow up threads with worries and questions about your oder. Find out first!
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

Have you seen the holsters made by Ryan Grizzle. His website is RGrizzleLeather.com. He make a leather IWB thats tuckable. I don't have one, but they look rather nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    My holster have adjustable cant and ride height.
    I have been looking at Pure Kustoms, he has some outstanding holsters. Check out his site.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I can't resist well crafted leather holsters. I wear them a lot, and a pancake lays closer to my body than anything.
    But when it comes to the draw, the kydex is clearly superior.

I almost tear my shoulder up when I get a new leather holster even after the wax paper treatment. In fact I have two in my safe with thin plastic around the gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Check out the great holsters at Pure Kustom Holsters www.purekustomholsters.com.
    I use their Black Ops holster for my PT1911. 6-position adjustments for height and cant when using the IWB configuration. Also made to be used as OWB on belt.
    The customer service at Pure Kustom is excellent! Rocky will make sure you are satisfied with your selection. He is constantly adding new ideas based upon his customers' feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by CornstalkCop View Post
    Dude, take a breath and access before you pull the trigger on these buys of yours, because I then see your follow up threads with worries and questions about your order. Find out first!
    It's not like I decided last night that I needed new stuff and just bought the first thing I saw. I've been looking at different holsters for weeks. I just posted to maybe get a last minute idea that I hadn't thought of yet. The belt issue is my fault for not researching properly, I'll admit that. My final decision was made because I can buy the crossbreed and a new belt for less than the price of one nice leather holster. I do plan to buy a nice leather holster, but at this moment in time, I need a new belt and a holster for the new 1911, and I'm limited to spending about $100.

The VM2 is my choice.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links