May have made a hasty purchase... please advise

This is a discussion on May have made a hasty purchase... please advise within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I bought this Bianchi B26 "Professional Belt". I didn't do any research before buying it, and now I'm starting to worry it's not going ...

Thread: May have made a hasty purchase... please advise

May have made a hasty purchase... please advise

So I bought this Bianchi B26 "Professional Belt". I didn't do any research before buying it, and now I'm starting to worry it's not going to make a good gun belt. Has anyone used this particular belt or have any knowledge of how they hold up?

2. Remove Ads

Is it a lined belt? Meaning is the belt made from two pieces of leather sewing together all the way around the belt? If it is it should be fine. You do not need a $100 belt. I wear a belt I got for $30 from the local farm supply store that's lined. It is plenty stiff enough for everyday carry.

Lead Moderator
    from Bianchis website-the b26 page http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?numSubCat=30
    Bianchi offers a complete line of superior quality leather belts that combine functionality and fine craftsmanship. Constructed of durable, full grain leather and the finest, corrosion-resistant hardware, our attention to detail and exclusive design features put these belts in a class all their own. Our vat dyeing process ensures maximum color penetration that goes deep into the hide, which is then sealed to provide a lustrous satin finish. To stand up to the extra strain of carrying a holstered gun, our belts feature heavy weight cowhide that looks great and won’t crease in your back belt loop. Our buckles are cast from solid brass, of course; nothing less would do.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I don't know about this belt specifically, but Bianchi generally makes good stuff.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have two of his B5 belts. I bought them years ago when I did not know anything about holsters and belts. I think I purchased them through Natchez.

Although they look prretty good with basket weave, they are not suitable for gun belts. I bought better, heavier, and stiffer ones in a flea market made in Mexico for $15.
    Pesonally I have not seen anything he makes that I would buy considering other makers and prices.

Regards,
    Jerry

Got it fixed, canceled the Bianchi and ordered a Crossbreed along with the new holster.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't know about this belt specifically, but Bianchi generally makes good stuff.
    That's been my experience.

Links