SOB for a xd-40

This is a discussion on SOB for a xd-40 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; looking for a good small of back holster with a 20-30 degree off center...anything recommendations.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOB for a xd-40

SOB for a xd-40

looking for a good small of back holster with a 20-30 degree off center...anything recommendations....

2. Remove Ads

Please reconsider SOB. If you get slammed on the ground or up against a wall you could do some serious damage.
    The Marshmallowist

Lead Moderator
    Gotta agree, plus SOB is difficult to wear sitting down, and easy to print bending over.

well i ordered a G&G SOB holster and a blackhawk serpa

Last edited by QKShooter; August 17th, 2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: correct img tags

1952 - 2006
    I have to agree that SOB holsters are very dangerous to wear.

But hey, it's your spine and your future possibly in a wheelchair. So good luck with it.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kittensrtasty
    well i ordered a G&G SOB holster and a blackhawk serpa
    Hope they both work for ya. I have a SERPA in pebble for my 1911. It seems to work really well.
    Another word of advice, some knowledgable folks in the gun world didn't like the SERPA. Apparently a few LE officers had AD's drawing during high stress situations. Accidently pressing hard on the release and then the trigger. These were with Glock pistols specifically.
    We had a thread with a link to this issue, might be worth reading if you are gonna use a Glock or similar non manual safety gun and a SERPA.

Hello. I CCW an XD40 myself. I would encourage you to read what happened to me one day.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ighlight=attic

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I have to agree that SOB holsters are very dangerous to wear.

But hey, it's your spine and your future possibly in a wheelchair. So good luck with it.
    i will keep it in mind thanks, you can also move it to the strong side and if i get into a strugle that the blade i carry may be used due to the easier access...

SOB is a seriously bad practice. I would HIGHLY recommend that you reconsider your decision. If you need the firearm while seated (ie a carjacking) you're just gonna die with a gun stuck in your butt crack. As previously stated, if you fall or get body slammed, you're running a high probability of losing a kidney, or sustaining a serious spinal injury. Further, in a close quarters situation, all a BG has to do is rush you and pin you to a wall, and you'll be unable to draw your gun. Again, you'll die with a gun stuck in your butt.
    A strong side has it all over an SOB in every catagory - speed, safety, retention, concealment, comfort, etc.

Ok I have taken to the great advice and have changed my order to an IWB instead…thanks for the look out.

Quote Originally Posted by kittensrtasty
    Ok I have taken to the great advice and have changed my order to an IWB instead…thanks for the look out
    Don't sweat it - that's what we're here for. I'm glad to hear that you aren't gonna die with a gun in your butt
    Last edited by Gary Brommeland; February 11th, 2006 at 07:12 PM.

Lead Moderator
    Lotsd of good advice from people here. Wish I would have known about this site before the box o' holsters I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    I'm glad to hear that you aren't gonna die with a gun in your butt
    Could you imagine? A gun in your butt and your boots off?

The Marshmallowist

Kit:
    As someone who already HAS spinal damage, I'm glad you've reconsidered your holster choices. I wouldn't wish this kind of life on anyone, I'm sure many others here would agree. That IWB you've got coming is a nice holster and it should serve you well for a long time to come.
    Jack

BTW kittensrtasty, Elf Kitty says you're gettin' a stocking full of poop for Christmas!

I have to admit this though:

SOB does LOOK extremely cool... humans just like things to be centered and symmetrical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links