My "SuperLite" SuperTuck.. (Photos) - Page 5

My "SuperLite" SuperTuck.. (Photos)

This is a discussion on My "SuperLite" SuperTuck.. (Photos) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JDG23 LOS, I carry a 26 or 19 strong side appendix. I have been making some templates all night trying to see ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My "SuperLite" SuperTuck.. (Photos)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG23 View Post
    LOS, I carry a 26 or 19 strong side appendix. I have been making some templates all night trying to see what will work for me. Every time I make a change it leads to another change. Thanks for the Info!
    Hello, JDG23.

I can definitely identify with your scenario. Keep making adjustments until you find that perfect position. Remember, you have sixteen (16) different adjustments/positions on the SuperTuck.

FYI, this is something I do when I make adjustments on the holster. It saves a lot of time....:

Make your heigth adjustments on the belt clips and then place your SuperTuck on a table, or flat surface. Attach your belt on the clips and view the height and cant on the belt line before you try the rig on. This gives you a good idea how the SuperTuck will ride on your body when you carry.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Before and After photo....

nice job,you better get a patient on it before some steals the style,and mass produces it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tn Mitch View Post
    nice job,you better get a patient on it before some steals the style,and mass produces it...

Hello, Tn Mitch.

Thanks for the compliment,..but actually, my modification is just a variant from many other mods I've seen done to the SuperTuck. Nothing really special or innovative about it.

NOTE: I consulted with Mark about my modifications before I went public with them and he agrees that these specific mods will probably only work best with SuperTucks that intend to be [alternately] worn in strong side Appendix carry, and only those made for compact weapons.

- Jimmy

I finally got done with the mods and I'm pretty pleased. You definately have to have a sharp utility knife! I also used a dremel like a drum sander and it allowed me to really shape the cuts exactly the way I wanted. Most of the time I made cuts close to the shape I wanted and then refined them with the dremel. Worked out great. Another advantage to the dremel is you can burn the leather to seal it and harden the edges. You have to play with the speed, but you find out what works pretty quick. That's another reason for leaving a little extra leather.
    I left some leather on the combat cut that follows the grip of the gun and it fits me perfectly. I can now get a proper grip, but still have the benefit of the leather between my body and the gun.
    LOS, thanks for the ideas and the DIY info you provided after starting the thread. Most people wont be as helpful as you were in today's society! Crossbreed is an excellent company and they make excellent holsters. I read in another thread of someone downing a holster you had to make mods to and I just want to say that I made the mods to fit me and there is no holster maker out there that can make a holster to fit every person. There are to many varibles. This is a great holster!
    Now I have to try and get the pictures down loaded.

Thanks LOS and thanks Crossbreed!

Pics!

That was easy for a change!
    Attached Images

JDG23,

I'm very pleased to know that you undertook the task of modifying your SuperTuck and that you're happy with the results. THANKS for coming back and posting your successful modification. It's really not as hard as some people suspect. It was a real pleasure working on this little project and I appreciate all the positive response it has received.

THANKS to everyone for allowing me to share this project on this forum.

We're all made in different shapes and sizes, so it's pretty darn cool that Crossbreed has designed and developed a holster that can actually be altered/modified to give the user a perfect fit, if needed.

Mark [Crossbreed] has a real winner with the SuperTuck..!!

I can't wait to see your photos!

CONGRATS.

-Jimmy

That was easy for a change!
    WOW.!!!

Phenomenal job!! Your modification(s) came out freggin great! I really dig the extended body/grip shield.

Great photos, too.

Do you intend to add felt to the back..?

-Jimmy

Thanks LOS! The grip really fits my hand great. I still might have to take some off here and there after a couple weeks of carry, but like I said I'm pleased. Your absolutely right about Crossbreed.

I don't know about felt, but I might add something after I see how it feels. I saw a product before, but I can't find it now, that would form to your contour, almost like a puddy(lack of a better word).
    Last edited by JDG23; March 10th, 2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add

...I don't know about felt, but I might add something after I see how it feels. I saw a product before, but I can't find it now, that would form to your contour, almost like a puddy(lack of a better word).
    If you decide to add the Felt and have any questions, just let me know. I'll be glad to help out anyway I can.

- Jimmy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links