Who has a Galco ankle with a SW 638 or 438?

This is a discussion on Who has a Galco ankle with a SW 638 or 438? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a S&W 638 and can not figure out which exact make of the Galco Ankle Gloves to get for it. the best i ...

Thread: Who has a Galco ankle with a SW 638 or 438?

I have a S&W 638 and can not figure out which exact make of the Galco Ankle Gloves to get for it. the best i can figure is the the one for the 442. Would that one be the best fit or would another model fit it better. I plan to get the one with the thumb strap unless someone can convice why I shouldnt. thankx
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

VIP Member

Get in touch with Galco Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by newmenu View Post
    I have a S&W 638 and can not figure out which exact make of the Galco Ankle Gloves to get for it. the best i can figure is the the one for the 442. Would that one be the best fit or would another model fit it better. I plan to get the one with the thumb strap unless someone can convice why I shouldnt. thankx
    Galco Customer Service is excellent for answering these types of questions. They are top notch in letting customers know what holsters work with what handguns. Drop 'em a note at Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Quote Originally Posted by newmenu View Post
    I plan to get the one with the thumb strap unless someone can convice why I shouldnt. thankx
    I carry my 638 in the Galco Ankle Glove more than any other holster. I don't recall there be multiple choices - just the one for the J-frame. You do not need the retention strap. The holster fits very tightly and retention has never been an issue. I could run a marathon (if I weren't so old & fat) with the gun in place and never worry. It's hard enough to access and extract a gun from an ankle holster, without the added encumbrance of a thumb strap - nor do I think they make one for the 638's shrouded frame profile. I DO recommend you get the optional support strap, which will go above your calf-muscle and keep the holster from sliding down your ankle. Great holster, good method of carry when (fat) wearing slacks and a polo shirt tucked - certainly not optimum, but better than being naked.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I've contact Galco customer service by telephone many times over the last 20 years. They are always very helpful and able to answer such questions.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I carry my 442 S&W in the Galco Ankle Gloves everyday and love it. I don't have or think that I would like the thumb strap. Just don't need it. Good luck!
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Links